• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2025 Volkl Mantra Collection

FlimFlamvanHam

Putting on skis
Skier
So you are saying wait until fall of 25-26 to upgrade to the Mantra88? (which is fine/saves me money)
To add to my post above. I'm really hoping the Mantra 88 gets 'more' of the M7 treatment than the M7 got. I'm expecting the same characteristic Volkl camber/rocker profile, of course, and the slightly wider tips/tails with less taper per the new M7, but I am hoping they go a hair skinnier than 88. The replacement of the Deacon 84 with the Peregrine 82 further fuels this hope (only because there is a bigger gap now between the P82 and the M88 if you get my drift). I'm hoping for a ski that is basically a combo of flat D84 & K/M88.

This may sound nuts to most folks who are familiar with these skis, but IMO the Kendo skis way too close to the M102 for a ski that is that much skinnier. That's much more complimentary to the 102.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't disagree with you, especially with the Mantra 88.
Why is Volkl wasting time with a name and graphics change if they are doing a full on upgrade in 25/26? Seems like they could have either pushed the structural changes to the whole Mantra line in 24/25 or waited a year for the name change. Seems like an odd strategy. But I suppose even more reason to pick up a discounted Kendo now.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Those Secrets look pretty and pretty tempting! Question: I noticed that the Secret line includes an 80 and 84 for 2025. I know the Kenja is now the Secret 88. Are the 80 and 84 the skis formerly known as Yumi?

Yarecki

Putting on skis
Skier
Why is Volkl wasting time with a name and graphics change if they are doing a full on upgrade in 25/26? Seems like they could have either pushed the structural changes to the whole Mantra line in 24/25 or waited a year for the name change. Seems like an odd strategy. But I suppose even more reason to pick up a discounted Kendo now.

I agree - not sure why they prioritize updates to the 96mm width, and leave the other ones unchanged… They should just update the entire lineup, especially now that all the skis share the Mantra name.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree - not sure why they prioritize updates to the 96mm width, and leave the other ones unchanged… They should just update the entire lineup, especially now that all the skis share the Mantra name.

Both Mantra and Kendo are on three year product cycle. The Mantra line is a year ahead of the Kendo. 2023 is the first year of the gen 5 Kendo. The Kendo is not yet at the end of the three year cycle, while the Mantra is.

DanishRider

Getting off the lift
Skier
Have anybody been on any of the Peregrine’s yet ? Völkl marketing is making a lot of noise about these skis, and the recipe sound like a possible replacement for my Kästle MX 83… any intel will be appreciated.

DanishRider

Getting off the lift
Skier
the 82 sounds like tons of fun, and i especially like the tail (from watching the video) - Sounds like a marriage between the Atomic vantage CTI, and the MX 83 - Going to the alps in middle March, so definitely need to see if they have these as rentals, because this might hit the sweet spot between fun and performance. Will report back if I’m lucky enough to get on them!

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
I did not watch the video yet, but the pro shop guy at bear said no significant change for the 25 -true? My 2022 Mantra is my daily driver for laying trenches on groomers. I tried enough skis last year to know it does not get better. The Enforcer is the next one I grab from my quiver

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
What??? He does not know of what he speaks.

I think it is time you do.
Watched it! Better tip engagement for turn initiation is just what the Dr ordered!!! Now, has anyone actually skied on these. I don't see them in stock anywhere. Usually Powder 7 will have next years skis already

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You skied them already?

IMG_5628.jpeg

Pajarito-bred

Getting off the lift
Skier
My primary reasons for not buying a pair of M6's:
I love my M5's too much, and they are not worn out yet, after about 120 days
The fear that M7's might be just around the corner.

Maybe I should just stock up on M5's! My Dad did that in the 90's, buying multiple pairs of Elan's that he really liked, just before the shaped-ski revolution upended the market)
I'll be very interested in reading the reviews! Even though Phil did not appear to be super-enamored of the M5's (Either because he has so much more experience on many other skis, or his skiing style is different)

Do I need to add narrower or wider skis to my quiver of one pair of M5's? I don't know why I would need to do that -- unless I venture away from the Rocky Mountains to someplace East where crampons are more appropriate footwear than ski boots.

The M7's are the only ski I'd consider buying in the fall before the season, without any demo time. I was very excited to demo skis earlier this season from an independent manufacturer, which I don't want to name since my ski-reviewing experience is very limited, might not be a fair assessment. I was surprised that my time on these demo skis was so disappointing (one pair Meh, two others bad and absolutely horrible). I'm sure there are other skis/brands that I'd enjoy, (for my skiing style, Colorado conditions and terrain) but not willing to take chances on a pair that ends up languishing in my garage.

I had Volkl Kendo's (ugly gray ones, about 2015 or so, maybe older) and long, heavy, skinny Volkl AC-3's before that. Are there other skis I would find comparable or better than my M5's, or am I not able to judge a different ski based on just a couple of runs?

Sponsor