• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone have a photo of Michele Arpin, Dynamic ski designer?
image.jpeg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The VR17s skied beautifully in the stiff then soft slop at the Basin yesterday.

I was comfortable and thrilled sufficiently to ski them all morning from 9 until 11 or so. Then it was off to grill some sausages.

Conditions didn't allow for a hard snow evaluation. In the soft I was able to get them to bend at moderate speed and really let them fly in GS turns. Small, soft moguls were easy to handle and quick SL turns worked well, too. I'm looking forward to skiing them next winter when I can use them on harder snow.

The bindings tested out perfectly on the Vermont Calibrator and had plenty of elasticity.

20160610_091744(0)~01.jpeg

Dynamic VR17s (204cm), Look N17s and Nevadas, Lange Pro(?), Kerma, CB pants and coat. Everything is from the 70s except the glasses and turtleneck. Skier circa 1957.

Thanks to my brother, @Royal and oldandslow for getting me onto such a sweet setup. This is one day that I'll not soon forget.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The VR17s skied beautifully in the stiff then soft slop at the Basin yesterday.

I was comfortable and thrilled sufficiently to ski them all morning from 9 until 11 or so. Then it was off to grill some sausages.

Conditions didn't allow for a hard snow evaluation. In the soft I was able to get them to bend at moderate speed and really let them fly in GS turns. Small, soft moguls were easy to handle and quick SL turns worked well, too. I'm looking forward to skiing them next winter when I can use them on harder snow.

The bindings tested out perfectly on the Vermont Calibrator and had plenty of elasticity.

View attachment 10331
Dynamic VR17s (204cm), Look N17s and Nevadas, Lange Pro(?), Kerma, CB pants and coat. Everything is from the 70s except the glasses and turtleneck. Skier circa 1957.

Thanks to my brother, @Royal and oldandslow for getting me onto such a sweet setup. This is one day that I'll not soon forget.

How did the vintage boots move the skis? Seems like your new boots would make them work even better if that is possible.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The boots were pretty soft in the warm weather. They have a moderate spoiler so I didn't have a problem staying centered. As old as they are, they ski very well. I've used them multiple times with my STs and ROCs. A contemporary boot might be better, but these are more than adequate.

I came across this classic while searching for data on the boots.

lange+softinside.jpg

She is wearing the boots I used. Talk about wrong place and time.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Visited the COLORADO SKI MUSEUM in Vail today - July 7, 2016

Dynamic - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Dynamic - Pugski - Dave Petersen - CO Ski Museum.jpg

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Geze5vr27.jpg

VR27 Geant in 210. Despite being built like a select structural 2 x 4, these where my favorites for many years. They were perfect for the Ice Coast. I still have them.

Tony Warren

Me on the left, The Padre on the right
Skier
Does anyone have a photo of Michele Arpin, Dynamic ski designer?

He worked closely with Leo and Daniel Lacroix in his designs. They were all pals with Jean Claude Killy and grew up together. The Lacroix's invented the Omega channel and gave the idea to Dynastar. Their skis are still the most technically advanced in the world.

Prickly Jones

Jetsetting Curmudgeon
Skier
Wow, I skied Koflach Comp SLs (the white and red ones) and VR17's for years. Cool. Never got the Volvo though.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@Joal, I'm impressed. If I hadn't recently gotten a pair of VR17s for myself, I'd be hunting you down for those. ;-)

What does the white sticker say?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
How about a close up of the bases and edges. I'm curious to see what new skis look like 'out of the wrapper'. Also, can you measure the bevels? Inquiring minds...

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Undrilled 207 made in the USA and new bag.

View attachment 19773
Made in USA??/ I wonder what factory? What year was the first for the Lange/Dynamic partnership, that may help date the skis. My Lange skis had the Dynamic double bars on the bottom of the tip and that was the late 70"s.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
How about a close up of the bases and edges. I'm curious to see what new skis look like 'out of the wrapper'. Also, can you measure the bevels? Inquiring minds...

All I have is a small square and a cabinet scraper that I set a fresh edge on my edge sander. They are a bit edge high in places and a little base high but mostly quite flat. I would say the edges are 90 degrees and never been tuned.

DSC04232.JPG

DSC04233.JPG

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier

Made in USA??/ I wonder what factory? What year was the first for the Lange/Dynamic partnership, that may help date the skis. My Lange skis had the Dynamic double bars on the bottom of the tip and that was the late 70"s.

See post #11. I have a pair of Lange/Dynamic made in France so that may be the first year, 1969. Both pair are 207s.

DSC04237.JPG
DSC04238.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online