• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Salomon STH2 have been marketed as an easy to step into binding on steep terrain or deep snow. I can confirm this claim after a crash on an opening day (no consolidated base) bottom out on a rock band in 3-4 feet of snow on a double black diamond run. I was amazed at how easy the STH2 was to step into compared to the Marker Jester bindings that they had replaced.
Any of the two stage heels are easier than a single stage. Looking back in theis design, it goes back to the Salomon 727 from the late 1970s.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Picking up unused 2020 MX84 flat. Was thinking of mounting STH2, with which I have no prior experience. (I do have the rebranded Wardens on all my Stöckli.) Not inclined to go for the system “Kästle” binding which looks like it is made by Tyrolia. Not the greatest fan of the Marker Royal Family. Or Attacks. For all of my skis wider than 84 I default to Pivots. Thoughts, and any others I should consider?
I think you should stick to the Pivots. If have good luck with them and you know how to work on them if needed, why change?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think you should stick to the Pivots. If have good luck with them and you know how to work on them if needed, why change?
Problen with the MX84 is the 75mm brake is too narrow and the 95... is too wide. At least the Salomon 90mm gets high out of the way where the Pivot brake is very low and does not tuck well.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
My local ski shop couldn’t find the STH2 16 they have listed on their website in stock, so they offered a new STH 16 (the gunmetal/raw colorway). Is the STH identical save for the WTR functionality of the STH2? Or am I recalling a slight change in the stack height?

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My local ski shop couldn’t find the STH2 16 they have listed on their website in stock, so they offered a new STH 16 (the gunmetal/raw colorway). Is the STH identical save for the WTR functionality of the STH2? Or am I recalling a slight change in the stack height?
The new one has an updated AFD/interface. Grab it.

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier
I am the happy owner of an old pair of Garmont Endorphin boots. They came with two sets of sole blocks: DIN and touring. The latter are rockered soles. They work well with solomon MNC bindings, Marker Barons, and Naxo 21. What else would these soles be compatible with?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
How often do binding mechanics have to get recertification from the manufacturer?

Kindbuzz

Booting up
Skier
Hello, old thread but any help or suggestions for bindings for my pow skis appreciated, as I have not looked at bindings in a long time.

The pow skis are either 106 or 110 wide, (I’m away) since ease of entry in deeper snow is my top priority after safety I thought the STH2 would be the way to go.
However my local shops only carry look and marker.

i can try and order a pair, but figured I check i here re what brake width id need and any other suggestions. Though maybe a Tyrolia attack Might be decent option.

Oh and fyi, I’m 6 foot 175-185 and I usually use an 9 + din on my other bindings..

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Marker Griffon bindings are one of the worst for stepping into in deep snow or steep terrain, Salomon STH2 are one of the best.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The pow skis are either 106 or 110 wide, (I’m away) since ease of entry in deeper snow is my top priority after safety I thought the STH2 would be the way to go.
However my local shops only carry look and marker.
STH2/Warden 13 will be fine. For Look, Pivots are easy to step in ... there is not a lot of snow under the boot.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The lastest Markers are easier to get into, in general. They did something to address that complaint. I use Attack bindings and like them a lot. Lower price and lower weight. Seem to hold up fine, I run mine at 9-10 Din. I get the 13's or the 14's.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
I feel like I asked some variation of this question last year and got a very convenient answer, but I never committed and now the boot is different...

Remount from Attack demos. 274mm BSL. Am I going to run into a hole conflict with regular Attacks or are we still all good?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I feel like I asked some variation of this question last year and got a very convenient answer, but I never committed and now the boot is different...

Remount from Attack demos. 274mm BSL. Am I going to run into a hole conflict with regular Attacks or are we still all good?
You should be OK

Sponsor

Staff online