• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
1623909966873.png

Spam16v

Zac
Skier
Quick scroll yields no speak of Schrodenger’s cat being both dead and alive inside the box. That may be a conversation for another day though

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Ogg Sorry for your loss.
That is one of the toughest parts of being adopted by a cat or dog.
So true BB. We lost our two 20 year old cats within a month of each other several years ago and our hearts were so broken, we haven't been able to face having another pet since.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks everyone for your sympathies and good wishes. Losing them never gets easier but making and living with the decision to end their suffering does. This was a tough one because he was only 11 and he was absolutely my wife's baby/sidekick. Her FB memories reminded us that we lost him exactly 10 years to the day of his adoption date.
So true BB. We lost our two 20 year old cats within a month of each other several years ago and our hearts were so broken, we haven't been able to face having another pet since.
We've always had at least one and usually more so they keep each other company. This guy was the reason we ended up with 5 because my wife kept insisting we get him new playmates. Who am I to argue against a new kitten.:huh::roflmao:I'm wondering how long before my wife starts stopping by the shelters again.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
If I see kitty treats in her purse I know it's coming.

I saw links to Planet Devon all over my work computer - and promptly knew I had to set my alarm to drop her off at the airport for Chicago because cats can no longer fly cargo. Look what arrived last Friday:

#interpersonalcommunicationcourtesyGoogleads
#deliberatelynotpostingsadboxpics.

IMG_20210529_121508.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw links to Planet Devon all over my work computer - and promptly knew I had to set my alarm to drop her off at the airport for Chicago because cats can no longer fly cargo. Look what arrived last Friday:

#interpersonalcommunicationcourtesyGoogleads
#deliberatelynotpostingsadboxpics.

View attachment 136531
What breed is that? I have a friend who has two cats with similar coats, and they look like little aliens because their heads look so big in relation to their bodies!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
What breed is that? I have a friend who has two cats with similar coats, and they look like little aliens because their heads look so big in relation to their bodies!

Devon Rex. This will be the fourth one we've had. That coat means herself's allergies don't get as triggered. And she loves their ride-your-shoulders habits and 'play fetch like a dog' habits.

That's the good news. The bad news is the breeders are under massive, possibly unsustainable pressure and you have to keep an eagle eye on respiratory conditions and skin conditions, particularly in winter. We were only able to get Sasha because she was diagnosed with asthma and couldn't stay in the cattery.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Devon Rex. This will be the fourth one we've had. That coat means herself's allergies don't get as triggered. And she loves their ride-your-shoulders habits and 'play fetch like a dog' habits.

That's the good news. The bad news is the breeders are under massive, possibly unsustainable pressure and you have to keep an eagle eye on respiratory conditions and skin conditions, particularly in winter. We were only able to get Sasha because she was diagnosed with asthma and couldn't stay in the cattery.
So, my friends cat definitely likes to get on her shoulders. Interesting! They are quite vocal, too, especially one of them.

Still not as vocal as my Oscar. Oscar the cat who DOESN'T go in boxes!

Sponsor

Staff online