• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm briefly staying in a vrbo condo that has the alexa-music thing, which I don't have at home. I keep asking it to play Pali Gap by Jimi Hendrix. It's one of my all-time favorite tunes, not available on youtube, and not a Hendrix song that is widely known by non-aficionados of Jimi.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Last night in Denver at the Paramount Theater.
IMG_20220506_211508553_HDR (2).jpg

And then this...
1651970978990.png

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Last edited:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ballroom Blitz came on the radio this morning and I as reminded of a unique coincidence about this song.

Several years ago, I was just pulling into the parking lot of a BestBuy electronics store and Ballroom Blitz just started playing on the radio. The first lines of the song are:

Are you ready Steve? Uh-huh
Andy? Yeah
Mick? Okay
Alright fellas, let's go!

I go into the store to the cell phone area, and there are 3 employees behind the counter, standing in order left to right, with name tags:
Steven, Andrew, Michael ... What are the odds of that ?!

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Ballroom Blitz came on the radio this morning and I as reminded of a unique coincidence about this song.

Several years ago, I was just pulling into the parking lot of a BestBuy electronics store and Ballroom Blitz just started playing on the radio. The first lines of the song are:

Andy? Yeah
Mick? Okay

I go into the store to the cell phone area, and there are 3 employees behind the counter, standing in order left to right, with name tags:

For a short time. They were one of the biggest bands in the world. "Ballroom Blitz," "Fox on the Run," "Little Willy," and "Love is Like Oxygen" all got significant air play

Powder High

Getting off the lift
Skier

Andy? Yeah
Mick? Okay

Funny, I remember Sweet's Fox on the Run (I was in my early teens when it came out), but not Ballroom Blitz. Not at all. Frankly, Ballroom Blitz is not very good, at least to me. But Fox is very good.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
1653330076500.png

Back when you had to buy tickets by phone, I blindly bought a pair of tickets for The Who's benefit concert at Radio City Music Hall celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Tommy The Who. I thought 'Row AA? 27th row in the mezzanine? Ugh.' It turns out row AA was just a few seats in the front row of the mezzanine. Woo hoo!

890609 - The Who - Tommy - Radio City Music Hall.jpg

20150924_131804.jpg 20150924_131822.jpg

890609 - The Who - Tommy - program.jpg
A souvenier or two.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
View attachment 169863

Back when you had to buy tickets by phone, I blindly bought a pair of tickets for The Who's benefit concert at Radio City Music Hall celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Tommy. I thought 'Row AA? 27th row in the mezzanine? Ugh.' It turns out row AA was just a few seats in the front row of the mezzanine. Woo hoo!

View attachment 169864

View attachment 169865 View attachment 169866

View attachment 169867
A souvenier or two.
How is the 25th anniversary of Tommy, 1969, celebrated in 1989?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
How is the 25th anniversary of Tommy, 1969, celebrated in 1989?
Creative math.

My mistake. It was the 25th anniversary of The Who.
I saw The Who in 1989 on what I thought was their farewell tour. Then I saw them in 2006 when Pete said the only reason he was touring was to support Roger & that he was probably done. He then went on to explain that he had made more money on residuals from the CSI shows then all the albums and tours combined and that Roger should have written a few songs ogwink .
Then I saw them on the last night of their North American tour in 2016 when Pete said this would probably be the last time he would play in North America and except for a few commitments in other countries, he was done.
945367A7-5E04-42D9-A44D-7CAD2DBFD4F4.jpeg

Then a few years ago he said he might tour if they recorded new material which they did and they did. BTW, the whole album is really good!

Now they are on tour again!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
24th of May is "Rush Day"!

As for The Who, I saw two of their "Farewell" Tours. 1989 in Giant Stadium Meadowlands, and 1982 St Paul Civic Center..

1653429249405.png

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Happy (belated) Birthday Bob!

He is bringing his tour to Colorado and playing the Dillon Amphitheater (along with some other non-stadium venues) supporting this album:

1653493349561.png

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A little slow for Rock, but mighty pretty:

Sponsor

Staff online