• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The opener was Nick Lowe with Los Straitjackets.

One of the best live "minor" acts I've ever seen, though ages ago (The Blasters on that list also). I still regularly listen to Sing Along With Los Straitjackets. So fun, and who can't get behind Alison Moorer and Exene Cervenka (sp?) vocals?!

Still wearing the Aztec mask get ups?!

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
One of the best live "minor" acts I've ever seen, though ages ago (The Blasters on that list also). I still regularly listen to Sing Along With Los Straitjackets. So fun, and who can't get behind Alison Moorer and Exene Cervenka (sp?) vocals?!

Still wearing the Aztec mask get ups?!
Yup. It's their schtick.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Long but worth it.

John Lord (organ) and Ian Paice (drums) are ON IT!

Dare I say that Bonham would approve.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

Long but worth it.

John Lord (organ) and Ian Paice (drums) are ON IT!

Dare I say that Bonham would approve.
I think I first saw them in 71’ but probably the same tour as your video. Space Truckin’ (jam) was the closing number & mixed in earlier material. I’m not sure if Machine Head had even been released yet. I was very close to the stage & Blackmore & know that my ears were ringing into the following day!

4ster

Instructor

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
October 25, 1968: The New Yardbirds played a gig at Surrey University in England. At least, that's the band that the promotional posters had been advertising, except they are no longer The New Yardbirds; it is the band's first gig under their new name, Led Zeppelin. The show was advertised on the school poster as the "first big dance of the term!" - Mike Santos - NY Rocks FB page

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Not exactly Classic but the words are from the middle of the last century and put to music by a band that was started in 1996. The Dropkick Murphys honored Woody Guthrie with their latest album 'This Machine Still Kills Facists'.

It is the band's first acoustic album and is composed of unused lyrics and words by Woody Guthrie. source: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Machine_Still_Kills_Fascists

This video is from their show last night in Denver at the Paramount:

IMG_20221103_235255841.jpg

A pro-recorded live studio session:

4ster

Instructor
I fell down the YouTube rabbit hole again.
First time I saw Robin Trower was at Winterland in May of 74’. It was Sunday night & they were opening for Sha Na Na & probably less than a thousand in attendance. We had school the next day so it was good we could leave early.
The following year Robin Trower was the headliner in Oakland at a “Day on the Green” playing to about 75,000 fans. Peter Frampton, Dave Mason and Fleetwood Mac were also on the bill. Talk about a meteoric rise to say the least!
Saw him in a small venue in Tahoe 7 or 8 years ago & still sounded great!

A little disappointed that the Who are lip syncing :(

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online