• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was heading to the hill yesterday afternoon ( solo ) and this forgotten song came on the radio. Had to crank it up to 11, had my fingers tapping the steering wheel, and doing my best seated shoulder dance. It definitely put me in the mood for some energetic laps !

10cc - Dreadlock Holiday

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Jeff beck and now David crosby. Two big time classic rockers. I saw CSN around 2010 at Wolftrap in Virginia and they were still really really sounding good. Southern cross brought down the house.
I missed the David Crosby mention here, but @MountainMonster mentioned him in his random stuff thread a week or two ago.
Wow, so little love for Crosby? This track from one of my all-time favorite albums always blows me away. The harmonies, the bright acoustic guitar, the spare bass notes, Garcia's pedal steel, and Joni's closing harmony on the last line give this song an ethereal feeling reflective of the lyric.

Nice, sounds Pink Floydish :)

I always liked this contribution of his to the CSN catalog, Guinnevere:

New topic: Not exactly classic Rock, but surely classic Pop, we lost Burt Bacharach yesterday. Amazing songwriter, so many great artists performed his songs. My wife and especially my parents really liked his stuff:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I missed the David Crosby mention here, but @MountainMonster mentioned him in his random stuff thread a week or two ago.

Nice, sounds Pink Floydish :)

I always liked this contribution of his to the CSN catalog, Guinnevere:

New topic: Not exactly classic Rock, but surely classic Pop, we lost Burt Bacharach yesterday. Amazing songwriter, so many great artists performed his songs. My wife and especially my parents really liked his stuff:
Yes, very sad about Bert Bacharach, he did such nice music.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Since this is the Classic Rock thread I wasn't sure if anyone heard the rumor, since the Rolling Stones are without a drummer they are going to team up with Ringo Star and while they are at it Paul McCartney as well to play some music. What do all you Classic Rock fans think?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since this is the Classic Rock thread I wasn't sure if anyone heard the rumor, since the Rolling Stones are without a drummer they are going to team up with Ringo Star and while they are at it Paul McCartney as well to play some music. What do all you Classic Rock fans think?

I'm all for it. Ringo and Paul could use some schooling on rock and roll, and the Stones can provide!

:duck:

Seriously, why the heck not?! Could very well result in some fantastic synergy.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
...The Traveling Wilburys a good enough answer:nono:

Well......sometime ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.....if at first you don't succeed........failure is just a painful way of learning......

I could go on. :ogcool:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
In memory of David Lindley who passed earlier this month.

I saw him once at the State Theatre in Portland, ME. He was accompanied by a percussionist, Hani Naser. It was a show like nothing I'd experienced before.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In memory of David Lindley who passed earlier this month.

That man spanned a HUGE arc of music!

I'm just a music fan, no expert critic, but that video had me imagining Lindley and Sonny Landreth on stage together......RIP David!

EDIT: Gotta love the "Tubes Rule" sign in the background.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We went to see the Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew Remain in Light tour in Boston last night. An awesome show! They played a lot of Talking Heads favorites. PXL_20230311_021301809.jpg PXL_20230311_021753458.jpg

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's a nice tune but not classic rock, 10 to 15 years too late.
Sorry never mind my comment, I thought it was a classic rock thread, looks like an any tune thread...

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry never mind my comment, I thought it was a classic rock thread, looks like an any tune thread...
No problem, and honestly half of the time I never know what category fits:facepalm:

Happy to hear it was a flash back to a good timeogsmile

Sponsor

Staff online