• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Foster Dog Journey

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We’ve had three relatively good days here so I’m encouraged. This is her right now where she’s chosen bare rug instead of her bed or her blanket. She’s dreaming away as she sleeps. I need to figure out how to post video from my phone here. I have a few great ones that show her personality.
7CBB023E-BEAF-4875-BD3B-387B3E0382B2.jpeg

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Solara had her staples taken out today and the vet is pleased with her progress. She gets to work her way off some of the meds she’s on but will stay on the primary antibiotic for a couple of months.

She was so happy to be out of the house! As soon as I set her down in the snow it was almost like there is nothing wrong in there. She was grinning ear to ear after the vet appointment so I just drove around with her for awhile I kept looking back at her and she was clearly over the moon varying where she was looking out and looking at me. I took her to a friend’s house to meet the kids because she loves kids which did both her and me a world of good although she was not amused by the leash restriction. .

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Congratulations, to both of you!

Has she been cleared to run and climb stairs and just live unrestricted? She has come so far from when you first met.

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congratulations, to both of you!

Has she been cleared to run and climb stairs and just live unrestricted? She has come so far from when you first met.

She is cleared to increase activity but I need to watch her closely. Of course, yesterday she started favoring her right leg a bit when outside. I think the problem is the cold snow may either be causing her some reaction in the nerves or that she's just uncomfortable and she doesn't know how else to react to discomfort. Both times once I got her off the cold snow she was happy as a clam. Definitely need to try getting her to wear booties since we're headed to my family's mountain house on Sunday.

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know how valid those tests are? From the article below, it sounds like it's still early days yet. Https://winter2018.iaabcjournal.org/?p=140

I think there is question and I wouldn't make any major decisions based on it but I'll point out that the article is from 2018 and the references she uses are from 2010, 2012, and 2014. A lot can change about the accuracy of these tests in that amount of years.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January