• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Happy Thanksgiving

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I enjoyed a morning of skiing, then went to a neighbor's for turkey and the fixings. He had slept late and had to make a superb effort to get the turkey done in time. He followed these instructions to spatchcock his turkey: http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/11/...-thanksgiving-fast-easy-way-spatchcocked.html. I brought my infamous mac and cheese (my variation has pepper jack, rosemary and mustard) which seemed to please. I met some very interesting folks and had a great day.

Today was back to fighting the good fight in the IT arena.

I hope everyone had a great day and gets to ski soon.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil and I worked at the ski shop on Thanksgiving day and came home to a house that smelled wonderfully like Prime Rib and Potatoes Au Gratin. Not a traditional Thanksgiving meal but we sat down to a table filled with gratitude.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Enjoying the quiet before the storm by watching "P-Tex, Lies. & Duct Tape
Gotta love the traditions.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Gobble Gobble.

Reactions: Ron

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
You've Got Mail is the Thanksgiving movie in our house.

YGM.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
It's Miracle on 34th street (original, of course) Pieces of April and if time allows Christmas vacation.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving from Utah! Woke up to this view this morning! That's the southern part of Snowbasin, better known as Strawberry, from that highest peak and to the viewer's right. All of that area is in-bounds skiing.
As many of you know, I am going through a very, very difficult transition in my life right now. I am so grateful to those of you who have reached out to me, and am grateful for the changes I am seeing in myself. If any of you are skiing at Snowbasin this winter, PLEASE look me up. I'll be working up there on the front lines full time, and would love to help you discover more about the mountain and make it the best day of skiing you've ever had! (Best Day Ever is our motto this year!)

15134707_10211522578566428_4296024257669262721_n.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Happy Thanksgiving! It's the calm before the storm as I eat a leftover samosa before getting started with food prep and whatnot. I'm way over-preparing, but ... that's my way. We have ferried tons of stuff that doesn't belong in our living space into the basement. Funny how planning to have someone over makes you realize how much crap you have sitting around - especially when there's a little kid involved, and you don't want him or your stuff damaged. I imagine most families with small children don't have pocket knives on every available surface.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving! It's the calm before the storm as I eat a leftover samosa before getting started with food prep and whatnot. I'm way over-preparing, but ... that's my way. We have ferried tons of stuff that doesn't belong in our living space into the basement. Funny how planning to have someone over makes you realize how much crap you have sitting around - especially when there's a little kid involved, and you don't want him or your stuff damaged. I imagine most families with small children don't have pocket knives on every available surface.

We have a baby coming over, a crawling baby, and managed to shatter a light bulb on the entry floor this morning ... and the vacuum is in the shop.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
After the lights went up out front and Alice's Restaurant played, I scraped wax and put skis in the ski box for TOMORROW! Game On!. Probably won't hold but for a couple days but nice to get some turns and eat turkey sammaches at the ski hill again. Has been ten years since I last skied Thanksgiving weekend with turkey sammiches. This will the the first for my teenage kids.
Now time to relax, throw a football around, eat, and watch the Vikings and Cowboys kick ass!

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanksgiving thoughts:
*If you are not listening to Pandora's Thanksgiving Station...you should be.
*Don't let this be the only day you tell your friends & family you are thankful for them. Be thankful for your loved ones every day you still have them with you.

Happy Thanksgiving! :wine:

Sponsor

Staff online