• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hockey 2022-2023

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm glad we had concert tickets last night and missed that game. Disappointed that Dallas went dirty. Don't deserve to win hacking like that..

Mike Love's version of The Beach Boys was just MEH but had to be better than what it sounds like Dallas played like

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I feel tricked. I earlier said “ick” to cheering for a team with Benn, but I do like those young guys. Robertson, Johnston, Heiskanen …. oh well. Can’t cheer for Vegas, even though they haven’t been too bad.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Benn's "apology" sounds like something a 9 year old would say. I already knew he was a prick, but the ESPN guys kept going on and on about what a great dude he is ... like, do you WATCH the West? (I know the answer to that.) He has been a scumbag hack for years. Did the exact same to Dylan Larkin but Larkin was standing at the time.

[Jamie Benn just spoke to the media. Said he wished he wouldn’t have fallen on Stone and used his stick “as a landing point.”]

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Benn's "apology" sounds like something a 9 year old would say. I already knew he was a prick, but the ESPN guys kept going on and on about what a great dude he is ... like, do you WATCH the West? (I know the answer to that.) He has been a scumbag hack for years. Did the exact same to Dylan Larkin but Larkin was standing at the time.

[Jamie Benn just spoke to the media. Said he wished he wouldn’t have fallen on Stone and used his stick “as a landing point.”]
what a joke. He'll be suspended for G4 at a minimum anyway (pending today's hearing with DPS).

I think it's a biiiig stretch to think on- and off-ice/field/court personas are related -- Benn can be a great person and a great leader and also make dirty plays fairly regularly.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
what a joke. He'll be suspended for G4 at a minimum anyway (pending today's hearing with DPS).

I think it's a biiiig stretch to think on- and off-ice/field/court personas are related -- Benn can be a great person and a great leader and also make dirty plays fairly regularly.
Oh yes, that is so, but they all seemed so surprised. I guess that's what I meant. I think Marchand is one who falls under that category as well ... and the reverse is also true. Probably more often.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
HOWEVER, speaking of Benn, I think his actions after this -- no-showing the media after the game, and then this excuse -- probably point out that he is not a great guy off the ice either. Man up, dude. He just needed to stop after the "things get emotional out there" part. We all get that. But, uh, "I fell in a bad place boo hoo," that insults everyone's intelligence.

I wish you hadn't used your face to stop my fist.. :roflmao:

Back in my tennis days, I was in an intense match with a notorious nasty gal, and I was winning. I probably shouldn't have been, she was a top 5.0 and I never made it past 4.5, so I think she was extra irritable. After one game she smashed a ball in anger across the net as I was walking to the bench for the changeover, and it grazed my nose. Like, almost just crushed me in the face. She claimed she was giving the back ball to me so I could serve next. I reminded her that I had just served, but I didn't want to get into it, because, scoreboard. I just wanted to keep my head down and finish the match. During the handshake (after I won :ogbiggrin:), she kept saying, "You walked into the ball, you just walked right into it! It's your fault!" I'm not kidding! I finally lost it and reamed her up one side and down the other, and then I ran away and drove home before she could kill me. :roflmao:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
HOWEVER, speaking of Benn, I think his actions after this -- no-showing the media after the game, and then this excuse -- probably point out that he is not a great guy off the ice either. Man up, dude. He just needed to stop after the "things get emotional out there" part. We all get that. But, uh, "I fell in a bad place boo hoo," that insults everyone's intelligence.

Back in my tennis days, I was in an intense match with a notorious nasty gal, and I was winning. I probably shouldn't have been, she was a top 5.0 and I never made it past 4.5, so I think she was extra irritable. After one game she smashed a ball in anger across the net as I was walking to the bench for the changeover, and it grazed my nose. Like, almost just crushed me in the face. She claimed she was giving the back ball to me so I could serve next. I reminded her that I had just served, but I didn't want to get into it, because, scoreboard. I just wanted to keep my head down and finish the match. During the handshake (after I won :ogbiggrin:), she kept saying, "You walked into the ball, you just walked right into it! It's your fault!" I'm not kidding! I finally lost it and reamed her up one side and down the other, and then I ran away and drove home before she could kill me. :roflmao:
Yeah probs. But who knows, you don't get to be a captain in this league without being a good character teammate/leader, so ... shrug? I don't know if his teammates really care about him blowing off the media or being an idiot to reporters as long as he doesn't throw anyone else under the bus.

tennis is another level of cheating/dirtiness, but ... usually doesn't rise to trying to hitting your opponent (after the point is over). That's next level.
OTOH, it's pretty hard to get that opportunity in singles ...

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah probs. But who knows, you don't get to be a captain in this league without being a good character teammate/leader, so ... shrug? I don't know if his teammates really care about him blowing off the media or being an idiot to reporters as long as he doesn't throw anyone else under the bus.

tennis is another level of cheating/dirtiness, but ... usually doesn't rise to trying to hitting your opponent (after the point is over). That's next level.
OTOH, it's pretty hard to get that opportunity in singles ...
Oh, I don't think she was trying, I think she just took a swipe because she was mad. It was the fricking excuses that bugged me. Just say, "OMG I'm so sorry, that was totally inadvertent" and then it's all over. (She hit the back curtain on the fly, she pegged it so hard!) (This was either before or after a 15-min bathroom break, she was pulling out all the stops. I just happened to be on that day.)

IMO Benn threw the entire team under the bus the minute he did that ... basically lost the series right there. It was probably over anyway, but they hadn't lost at home yet, so who knows. It seemed to render the team completely useless. I can't imagine they are happy with him at all, privately.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
IMO Benn threw the entire team under the bus the minute he did that ... basically lost the series right there. It was probably over anyway, but they hadn't lost at home yet, so who knows. It seemed to render the team completely useless. I can't imagine they are happy with him at all, privately.
Yeah people always ask me about toughness and fighting. Getting angry and fighting is easy. Putting your team first and your emotions second is toughness. Chasing down your turnover is toughness. Sometimes though your emotions just get the better of you. Happens to everyone I imagine at some point

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^ Absolutely, we have all been in the heat of battle, so we understand it. Just admit it!

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I hope Dallas wins the next two so Kolesar can take care of Benn in Game 6 :duck:

(Did I ever say I don't much like Jamie Benn?)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Canes have nothing to be ashamed of really. Aho lost his cool a little but ultimately we were just out-goalied. There's not much they could have dine differently.. Switch net minders and Canes would have won, and by larger margins. Hats off to Bobovsky! In the zone! Likely the Adderall zone but it counts.

Hit on Slavin looked clean to me..

I guess I go with the team that we couldn't quite beat in 4 tries. Go Cats!

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Yeah I agree. They had lots of shots just didn't get the same level of goal tending. This Fla yeah reminds me of the 90s Devils. Straight lines, simple plays, wait for mistakes.

Sponsor

Staff online