• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Tour 2022

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Taddy threw down what he had today, and Vingo just stuck on his tail without looking terribly bothered.

Boring and fascinating, all in one!

All of the riders are now doing Ketone drinks.

Per this article on cycling news, the MPCC teams are committed to not using ketones, but I'm not sure which World Tour Teams that includes:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Finally caught up....Today on NBC, looks like Ketones have made it to the big stage. Did you see Chris drink after Paul??? That was a little strange as you never see that behavior Live, esp nowadays. Paul commented on the horrible taste... but then asked for the bottle back to try more but never took a sip....... Hmmmm :popcorn: ...... I wonder if the off screen "producers" got involved and tried to salvage that "Ad" by "The Feed" ?!?! LMAO YIKES!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Been avoiding this thread because, as usual, I'm always at least a day behind.

DAMN! Johan Bruyneel actually predicted the Bob Jungels from a breakaway win on his show the day before! WOW. I think the odds on that outcome were ridiculous on their betting forecasting show ( not the show listen to and I don't bet ), but he nailed it. Impressive! He's on The Move Podcast : JB2 version. ( The betting forecasting show is called "Outcomes"... I think...)

Here's Wifey and I in Jedi Mode, catching up on the latest episodes of The Move Podcast (no affiliation - but yeah I pimp those shows a lot on here bec the TDF info is so damn good!) on the water after a swim on Lake Champlain! Then we scurried home to watch Stage 8!

I still miss Orla and Crew on GCN+ ... Awesome Insty vid of her catching Adam Blythe, Dan, and Robbie McEwen in her dressing room putting on her makeup and all saying "SHIT!" when she walks through the door and busts them! OMG Hilarious! I miss that fun! I may watch the Vuelta for the first time, just to see them if they are covering it! :beercheer:
I did get things set up so I can watch on my phone. Unfortunately the technical challenge of putting it onto the big screen is one I've still not met. (Don't bother to advise - it's more complicated than you think, involving household politics and Apple/Windows/Android incompatibilities.) So still mostly watching one of the two NBC editions.

Working my way up to buying a new Surface or equivalent, which I need anyway.

So apparently, another fellow from Durango CO, Quinn Simmons with Trek. It was fun to watch him stay with van Aert on the long stage 6 breakaway, before finally getting dropped. The look on his face said "who is this guy??!!"

https://www.velonews.com/events/tou...n-swinging-in-first-tour-de-france-breakaway/
I finally figured out why Simmons sprinted against Powless - I think it was Powless - for that KOM the other day. It seemed strange at the time and the talking heads didn't pick up on it. It was because one of his teammates is in the hunt for the maillot pois. Can't remember WHO now, of course. Maybe Ciccone.

The tire thing. Just went from 25c tubed to 28c tubeless, for the first time. Feels SO nice. Also, strangely, they set up WAY easier than any MTB combo I've ever encountered. (Been running tubeless MTB for 18 years.) It was kind of eerie, actually. I'm still wondering if I did something wrong!

PXL_20220709_183030271.MP.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
(Don't bother to advise......

You DO know which forum you're on? ;)

The tire thing. Just went from 25c tubed to 28c tubeless, for the first time. Feels SO nice.

I came so close to going road tubeless last year when it was time for new tires.

But I sometimes go a month or more without riding the "pure" road bike, so I stuck with tubes and some very supple Rene Herse 32c tires.

Tubeless next time, for sure.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wifey saw on the Insty's that Tom Pidcock gave Orla & Crew (Adam, Dan, and Robbie McEwen on GCN+) random words and phrases to insert into their TDF show. HILARIOUS! Can't wait to see if they have the U.S. rights for the Vuelta! :crossfingers: Their show makes the Giro and TDF FUN! Wishing we could easily access it here. Loved their Giro coverage.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
ust went from 25c tubed to 28c tubeless, for the first time. Feels SO nice. Also, strangely, they set up WAY easier than any MTB combo I've ever encountered. (Been running tubeless MTB for 18 years.) It was kind of eerie, actually. I'm still wondering if I did something wrong!

View attachment 173576

Good choice of tyres. The Pro Ones are known for their friendliness in setting up. The Hunts are hookless, yes? At your weight you can easily ride the 28mms at below 60 psi and the ride will be super plush.

About the Tour-Pogacar has today and tomorrow to claw back some time from Jonas. I doubt he can make up for 2.22 min in a 40 km TT, he is not Big Mig after all.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Based on interview I saw on Monday, he's well aware that TT is not an option, so he needs to get that time back before TT. He might get something in in TT, but certainly not 2+min, and he's well aware of that. Now will he made it or not before TT is different story. Normally I would say, easily, but it seems like Vingegaard has pretty strong glue attached to Pogacar's rear wheel :)

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup, the next two days should be exciting. Pog has no choice but to try and try and try to drop Vingo.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn, that was a stage of bike racing. Observations:

1. Vingo showed any remaining doubters who is the king this year.

2. I think I'm most pleased to see Thomas the old man hanging onto third.

3. WOUT IS A FREAKING MONSTER!!!!

4. If Vingo's mechanical problems in the earlier stages had derailed him, I suspect Wout could have given Taddy a run for his money in the GC.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
A worthy winner (usual disclaimer about general doping in cycling notwithstanding)

Worth noting that JV have Yellow Green and Polka dot locked in at the moment and that if WVA hadn't been riding for his team leader today could quite possibly be KOM and Green.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This day will no doubt go down in history of cycling as an example of what this bike racing thingy is all about.

And Wout is a machine. From another planet.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Bummed that my TV failed to record today. Sounds like a I missed a hell of a stage. I felt like after yesterday's stage that if Pogacar did manage to win, he owes McNulty a car or something. Incredible work to drop the entire field.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also worth noting was Vingo's sportsmanship today.

After Taddy went down on the last descent, Vingo sat up and waited for him to catch back up.

A moment of absolute sporting beauty! :toast

Sponsor

Staff online