• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ginger beer is pretty much the ultimate mixer IMO. You can mix it with vodka, bourbon, Irish whiskey, tequila(itry a Tijuana mule with good tequila/mezcal, fresh lime and Reeds or Q ginger beer).
We often have Fever Tree Ginger Beer in our pantry.
I really like to have Vernors around but I only get stocked up on that when I'm in Colorado or further east.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We prefer The Great Jamaican Ginger Beer Company for our Dark and Stormies. This stuff is spicy! We also muddle some mint into the drink. Rarely make Moscow Mules as there we use white rum.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
We prefer The Great Jamaican Ginger Beer Company for our Dark and Stormies. This stuff is spicy! We also muddle some mint into the drink. Rarely make Moscow Mules as there we use white rum.
I should have included rum since captain Morgan’s and ginger ale is where it all started.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is about ginger beer or ginger ale with whiskey, as its in a Bourbon Scotch and Whiskey thread.
Just sayin' ... :rocks:

Reactions: Ogg
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, this is interesting. You'd have to be a huge Rolling Stones fan to buy it.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well, this is interesting. You'd have to be a huge Rolling Stones fan to buy it.

Suntory makes some really good whisky. I would never pay retail but the discounted price they’re offering is likely a bargain.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Suntory makes some really good whisky. I would never pay retail but the discounted price they’re offering is likely a bargain.
I really like Suntory's offerings and often purchse it from Costco, but since I'm not a Stones fan that is not likely a limited edition that I'd spring for.
*not that I spring for limited edition stuff anyway, but...

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is pretty tasty. A bit sweet, no bite. Quite enjoyable.
20210930_212713.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
If you add the price of shipping it around the world during the aging process, the ocean aging must add a lot to the price of the whiskey. Do we even talk about the extra pollution added to the environment by these cargo ships that are transporting the barrels?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you add the price of shipping it around the world during the aging process, the ocean aging must add a lot to the price of the whiskey. Do we even talk about the extra pollution added to the environment by these cargo ships that are transporting the barrels?
See, the bourbon makes me mellow and there you go harshing my mellow. :nono:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
See, the bourbon makes me mellow and there you go harshing my mellow. :nono:
I bet they have a deal with the ship that's going somewhere with something else. A free bottle for every port visited.

Sponsor

Staff online