• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: 2016 Nordica Enforcer 100

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Honestly, if you have an enforcer, I can't think of a reason why to have a Soul 7 unless you're mounting a tech binding and touring.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I am really looking forward to getting them out on a good powder day. (For many reasons) I want to see just how they do in the Aspens.

I'm not convinced (yet) the enforcer will give as much float as a soul7 or q105 or bmx105 but I'm willing to do the testing. :beercheer:

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I agree with @Philpug. I feel they would compliment each other well -- the E100 for the more serious, hard snow, no snow for a few days outings and the Enforcer for the new snow, soft snow, fun-time, tree skiing days.

Well, haven't been on the E100 but do have the E98. When I have a "more serious, hard snow, no snow for a few days outing" I'm on a ski in the 70-80mm range with pop, tail energy and serious edge hold but not a damped race ski. It's less work = more fun, for me. Can the E98 (or E100) do that job? Maybe so, but for those conditions that's not what I will choose to ski.

YMMV

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, haven't been on the E100 but do have the E98. When I have a "more serious, hard snow, no snow for a few days outing" I'm on a ski in the 70-80mm range with pop, tail energy and serious edge hold but not a damped race ski. It's less work = more fun, for me. Can the E98 (or E100) do that job? Maybe so, but for those conditions that's not what I will choose to ski.

YMMV
I said they could coexist...I didn't say they should. ;)

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
The E98/100 is a crud machine extraordinaire. If much of the acreage of your home hill is ungroomed, then the E100 has a place to do it's thing. I wouldn't own one if I only skied the east, but for the west, it's a really nice tool. If I had a Rossi only quiver for our hill, I'd own a Hero Master, an E100, and a Squad 7. Seems pretty clear what each of these skis does.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I am really looking forward to getting them out on a good powder day. (For many reasons) I want to see just how they do in the Aspens.

I'm not convinced (yet) the enforcer will give as much float as a soul7 or q105 or bmx105 but I'm willing to do the testing. :beercheer:

If you're in a shop that has both the BMX 105 and Enforcer, hold two against each other. They're very similar skis. Tip and tail dims are pretty much the same, and there's basically an edge width of difference left and right underfoot which explains the difference in turn radius.

Reactions: Ron

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How does it compare to the Rossignol E100?

I own the E98 180 and have skied the Enforcer 185 on both a groomer day and a 10-20" powder day. From reviews and comments I understand the E100 is very similar to the E98, which is a great on edge charger/carver on both frontside and through crud and uneven. Serious carve; but the E98 skis mostly on the bottom in powder, not where I'd want to use it. As a lightweight skier, the E98 is clumsy in serious bumps, and not something I'd use in more than 4" of fresh - so many other skis are better.

The Enforcer 185, on the otherhand, is almost as good on groomers, to me (unless really icy?), is a good bump ski, but is not a compromise ski in powder. It's as much fun, in its own way, as my fat skis in maybe up to a foot of powder or more. It was great in 20", for me - a finesse skier. :) Like my fat skis, it makes powder, chop and crud an easy delight. Although I'm light, I charge, and can on these.

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pro deals no longer available here as of Monday. :(

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Honestly, if you have an enforcer, I can't think of a reason why to have a Soul 7 unless you're mounting a tech binding and touring.
Yeah, but I already own the latter. The question is the converse.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
It sounds like a great daily driver, which the S7 is definitely not. I only use on powder days.
I bought the 190cm E100s, thinking they would be a good everyday ski, but they are not ideal in the bumps, to say the least. The are pretty sweet for making fast laps though.
It sounds like I need to demo the 193.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Figured we need a thread dedicated to talking about how awesome this ski is. I've had them on the mountain two days and I've started getting looks due to my powerful skiing. I can't wait to get them into a little deeper snow. I am thinking they will rip up crud like nothing my mountain has ever seen before.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for adding the above post to this thread^ To any of you guys on the fence about 185 vs 193 Enforcer, I had no regrets with the 185. I feel like they are a great balance between stability and turniness. I have had no speed stability issues, they can do super g to short radius bumps and everything inbetween.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for adding the above post to this thread^ To any of you guys on the fence about 185 vs 193 Enforcer, I had no regrets with the 185. I feel like they are a great balance between stability and turniness. I have had no speed stability issues, they can do super g to short radius bumps and everything inbetween.
How big of a guy are you?

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
just ugly :( ( LOL, I mean the ski, Phil posted just as I did and I don't mean to imply Core2 or others are ugly)

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How big of a guy are you?

Big enough, 6'2, 205. I think I could honestly ski the 185 or the 193 and be happy. I want to take these skis into the bumps and trees so opted for the shorter length with that in mind.

Sponsor