• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’m amazed every trip to the hill how much fits in my Thermal Trekker. Warm gloves are an added bonus as the heat from the boot compartments reaches into the main bag!
You really should put a cinnamon roll in there. Arrive at the mountain with a hot sticky bun!!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You really should put a cinnamon roll in there. Arrive at the mountain with a hot sticky bun!!
But make sure it's in plastic. Otherwise...

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You'll quickly figure out what goes where best and then it's easy.

Yeah, probably. What this is going to do is make me take a few things out of the bag that just sort of live in there, so that's a good thing. Less to carry.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m amazed every trip to the hill how much fits in my Thermal Trekker. Warm gloves are an added bonus as the heat from the boot compartments reaches into the main bag!

I have no concerns about how much it can carry. I was only commenting on how I like to have lots of organization options. I'm big on "everything has its proper home", aka I'm an anal-retentive SOB. ogsmile

It's a fantastic bag and I'm going to love those warm boots next Sunday! That's what I really care about.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier

that’s awesome. Kulkea turns a cinnamon roll into a sticky bun. Does it also work the other way around? I much prefer cinnamon buns/rolls.

D173DA9D-BAD6-4645-AF8E-55D6554C0784.jpeg

0B69EDC2-5D92-4CE0-BBA6-83CA4EB64D9F.jpeg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
One thing I figured out using this bag is it takes about 30 minutes on 12v to get the shell warm enough to put the boot on easily without heating the liner so much that my feet perspire then get cold.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have over 200 days in my Thermal Trekker and if I wiped it down with a wet rag and cleaned it up a bit, you would be hard pressed to say it had more than 20. I sincerely don't think there is a better built bag on the market.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
Short answer is no. The HG (now Snow Eagle) high temperature is 150 F. The Kulkea high is 140 F.
Looking at picking one of these up...sounds GREAT!!! Is there any information for low, medium, high settings and duration? How would these work with Zipfits and boots that have been punched?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking at picking one of these up...sounds GREAT!!! Is there any information for low, medium, high settings and duration? How would these work with Zipfits and boots that have been punched?
They all go to the same temperature, it's just how long it takes to get there. (See post #44) I've found that 45 minutes or so on high (or on the 12v) is enough to warm the shell enough to make it easy to put the boot on.

TS
Drahtguy Kevin

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

@Andy Mink addressed the settings question.

I have Fischer vacuum boots and Head Raptors, both with ZipFits and punches/work done to the boots. The Kulkea thermal hasn’t caused any issues with either pair of boots.

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'd very much like to get a heated boot bag (currently use the hot air liner dryer type for my zipfits).... but why, oh why, oh why, is your bag 110V only? (and the 12v for car use).

There's a whole other part of the world out there on 220V who are also looking for heated boot bags... admittedly not so many in Bangkok. :rolleyes:

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
I'd very much like to get a heated boot bag (currently use the hot air liner dryer type for my zipfits).... but why, oh why, oh why, is your bag 110V only? (and the 12v for car use).

There's a whole other part of the world out there on 220V who are also looking for heated boot bags... admittedly not so many in Bangkok. :rolleyes:

That's certainly well on our radar as we expand outside the US!

James

Out There
Instructor
Make it sensible and be switchable 120/220V. Like the Hotronic Snapdry boot dryer was.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

There's a whole other part of the world out there on 220V who are also looking for heated boot bags...

I can confirm that.
The moment they start selling this bag in Europe I will buy at least 3.
And I am not the only one.
Just the other day I had a talk with the guys in my local shop who sell Fischer and other stuff and I asked them about the Fischer version of a heated bag. The answer was: sold out since long time ago. Not known when they will be back. EVERYONE wants one....so there is that.

Sponsor

Staff online