• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for 100-105 Groomer Ski for snow days.

James

Out There
Instructor
Or you could check SkiEssentials and see if they have more of those $499 Kastles.
Do they have a Nordica Pro 115? By pg 10 we should be at that one.

15-30mph. Ripstick is probably the genre. I doubt we should even paint it black.
Curious, what would be some of the burliest skis in the 10_ category?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have a winner!

Nordica Enforcer 104 Free

I'm a Nordica fanboi, and I hate this ski.

Start over.

One of the Tonys is pretty good with flowcharts! :geek:

If we dismiss all the posts, and just go off the title of the thread, the winner is the late, great Fischer Motive 95.

Dead serious.

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm a Nordica fanboi, and I hate this ski.

Start over.

One of the Tonys is pretty good with flowcharts! :geek:

If we dismiss all the posts, and just go off the title of the thread, the winner is the late, great Fischer Motive 95.

Dead serious.
Care to expand on that a bit? Very curious!!!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Curious, what would be some of the burliest skis in the 10_ category?

Volkl Katana 108, Dynastar MPro 105 and Moment Commander 108 are probably the class leaders right now. If you really want to die, Moment Commander 118 in 194cm! Lol

All would outperform the Enforcer 115 at high speeds. It’s better than the 191cm 110 version but doesn’t have the turn radius or stiffness to compete with the class leaders. Very friendly though compared to other chargers though.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Care to expand on that a bit? Very curious!!!

Well, half-kidding and poking fun, because I'm glad to see somebody suffers from analysis paralysis far worse than I do!

Honestly, you seem to favor a directional style of ski. The Enforcer 104 FR is not that.

Side Note to the Group: How do we even let this guy post on PugSki Ski Talk when there is not a single Stockli on his list?!

Is everybody phoning it in on a Friday?!

TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
Well, half-kidding and poking fun, because I'm glad to see somebody suffers from analysis paralysis far worse than I do!

Honestly, you seem to favor a directional style of ski. The Enforcer 104 FR is not that.

Side Note to the Group: How do we even let this guy post on PugSki SkiTalk when there is not a single Stöckli on his list?!

Is everybody phoning it in on a Friday?!
If I am being rational with myself, I probably should have started with the Liberty V82 always eyeing a second pair of skis for the quiver, which something around 98-100 would have filled nicely. Enforcer 100 and M-Pro 99 or similar come immediately to mind as a nice quiver mate to the Liberty V82 for an intermediate skier looking for something a little better in softer and deeper snow.

But I wanted the "all-mountain ski" first and went with the Evolv 90. I love it on groomers, however, and it has kind of grown on me to the point where I really enjoy skiing on the cruisers, hard snow or soft. Because I went a bit wider with the frontside ski (I never realized we would get back into skiing in a big way like we have, or I would have went into it looking for a 3SQ), it kind of gets me out of that 96-100 range (especially for a more directional ski) as just not being all that different from my current skis. I don't want to replace them, just complement them with a ski that is better in softer snow, deeper snow and in the stuff deeper snow leaves behind after it gets skied off a bit.

Something a bit more soft-snow oriented than an Enforcer 100 or M-Pro 99 seems OK here if I'm going to be at 102-106 underfoot. But maybe the plain ol' Enforcer 100 is still what I need?

Last edited:

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, as we hit spring, now have to consider all the the 2022 models and next season rumors as well! So clear the board and start over indeed!

But yea seriously, get on skis and it *should* get cleared up really quickly. I've also been down this path to with specs and expectations and crunching the numbers and reviews; and all of that falls apart once you actually get on some skis.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Well if your going to include models that are sold out this year....
You might consider the 4FRNT Devastator - provided your snow is soft. It's not designed for skiing ON a hard surface. That being said, other than the effort to rotate the ski about its edges, I found no fault with it so far. I'm anxiously awaiting a chance to try it IN the snow. It was my choice for a deep snow tree ski after doing much research. FWIW, my 2nd choice was the Fischer 102 FR, but my goals might differ from your's.

However, I only weighed 140 lbs when I skied the 179 cm length. @anders_nor can tell you more about the longer length for heavier skiers.

Last edited:
TS
E

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
Well, as we hit spring, now have to consider all the the 2022 models and next season rumors as well! So clear the board and start over indeed!

But yea seriously, get on skis and it *should* get cleared up really quickly. I've also been down this path to with specs and expectations and crunching the numbers and reviews; and all of that falls apart once you actually get on some skis.
Agreed.

It will be hard to get on more than 2-3 this late in the season, but I'm going to try.

Going to Crystal Sunday where I won't demo, then leaving Friday for a nice trip to Jackson Hole. I am hoping to at least get on the Enforcer 100 and 104 Free, and Rossignol Sender. Would also LOVE to get on one of either the Ranger 102 FR or Stance 102 or even try a Sender Ti.

So many skis, so little time.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
If I am being rational with myself, I probably should have started with the Liberty V82 always eyeing a second pair of skis for the quiver, which something around 98-100 would have filled nicely. Enforcer 100 and M-Pro 99 or similar come immediately to mind as a nice quiver mate to the Liberty V82 for an intermediate skier looking for something a little better in softer and deeper snow.

But I wanted the "all-mountain ski" first and went with the Evolv 90. I love it on groomers, however, and it has kind of grown on me to the point where I really enjoy skiing on the cruisers, hard snow or soft. Because I went a bit wider with the frontside ski (I never realized we would get back into skiing in a big way like we have, or I would have went into it looking for a 3SQ), it kind of gets me out of that 96-100 range (especially for a more directional ski) as just not being all that different from my current skis. I don't want to replace them, just complement them with a ski that is better in softer snow, deeper snow and in the stuff deeper snow leaves behind after it gets skied off a bit.

Something a bit more soft-snow oriented than an Enforcer 100 or M-Pro 99 seems OK here if I'm going to be at 102-106 underfoot. But maybe the plain ol' Enforcer 100 is still what I need?
Ha! You’d reached an all but final decision. Don’t overthink it!

My thoughts were always the Stance 102 as OSQ for western travel covering groomers and off piste, or the Nordica Enforcer 104 as a complement to your existing ski in a 2SQ. I think that’s pretty much where you’ve landed.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
You are absolutely right. The OP should call his local ski shop ASAP, preorder next year’s StormRider 102, and call it a day.

Side Note to the Group: How do we even let this guy post on PugSki SkiTalk when there is not a single Stöckli on his list?!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
tenor.gif

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I can only guess this is because the SR 105 do not get the same raving reviews as the SR95 and by the looks of it, there are better options in the 100+ category.

But this is just a guess, 100+ is terra incognita, "there be dragons" territory to me...

Reactions: BMC

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
two weeks you you could have been out ripping around.

I decided last Thursday to get new skis from the other side of Canada and they have already been delivered, had the bindings mounted and I tuned them today. Even sold the skis that they are replacing in the meantime. :roflmao:

Prices are so good right now it’s hard not to buy new toys!

Sponsor

Staff online