• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need Boot Help Please

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
Hi All,

Im in between 3 different boots and would love some help. I currently wear a Dalbello Boss boot from 2014 that fits me ok but ends up pinching by the end of the day. Im considering the following three boots - Dalbello Il Moro MX 110 with the ID Liner, Atomic Hawx Magna 110S, and the Lange LX 120. I have a slightly wider foot with around a 102 last. I have a fairly high arch. I would love some opinions between the three boots regarding the best fit and comfort. Thanks in Advance. Anthony -

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yo Antnee,

Without seeing your foot...no one could have any idea. I am sure it is tough in LA with limited options of places to go to get fit. I assume you ski Mammoth? I would suggest getting an appointment with a fitter there..or where ever you might fly to to make your turns. The best boot is the one that fits YOUR foot. I know it is not the answer you ere hoping to get but no one on the internet can suggest a boot for you without seeing and assessing your foot. Sorry.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
Hey, I totally understand. I actually use to work for a ski shop years back in LA. I'm just looking for some guidance on differences between the three boots I'm considering. Would love to hear if anyone has fit or worn any of the boots etc.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
The answer is go see a good boot fitter. He may end up modifying the boot you already own. He may recommend a new boot. The key point is an in-person assessment by a good boot fitter is what you need. Get a recommendation of the name of a good fitter in a location you can go to and return if needs be for additional tweaking.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
I would gladly see go see one a good fitter if there was one close in Los Angeles. I have to drive to mammoth to go see someone decent. I'm just looking for some opinions between the three boots i'm considering. Thanks for the advice though

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey, I totally understand. I actually use to work for a ski shop years back in LA. I'm just looking for some guidance on differences between the three boots I'm considering. Would love to hear if anyone has fit or worn any of the boots etc.
Then you know that you are not going to get the answer on the internest. I have fit all three. the Intuition is the most versatile. The Lange is the most volumous in width and length, and the most upright in stance and the Atomic has a great liner that can be worked on. Past these three, every brand offers options in this range.
I'm just looking for some opinions between the three boots i'm considering.
You are asking "What color to paint a room" or "What is the best haircut?" Without seeing the room or your head.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
Perhaps I should rephrase my question - If you had to choose between the Dalbello Il Moro MX 110 with the ID Liner, Atomic Hawx Magna 110S, or the Lange LX 120. which would you pick and why? Assume all three boots fit your foot equally.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
Then you know that you are not going to get the answer on the internest. I have fit all three. the Intuition is the most versatile. The Lange is the most volumous in width and length, and the most upright in stance and the Atomic has a great liner that can be worked on. Past these three, every brand offers options in this range.

See thats what I was looking for - Just general info from someone who has worked between the three.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have fit all three. the Intuition is the most versatile. The Lange is the most volumous in width and length, and the most upright in stance and the Atomic has a great liner that can be worked on.
Perhaps I should rephrase my question -
You can rephrase the question any way you like, but as Phil described, these three boots are all very different even though they are in a similar category.
Telling you which one will fit you is irresponsible without assessing your foot.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The red ones (or whichever one has more red in it), buy the red ones.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
You can rephrase the question any way you like, but as Phil described, these three boots are all very different even though they are in a similar category.
Telling you which one will fit you is irresponsible without assessing your foot.
Im not asking which one will fit me. Im asking for a comparison between the three boots which Phil was able to provide some insight too.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
The red ones (or whichever one has more red in it), buy the red ones.
How did you know red was my favorite color?
In all seriousness I'm looking for some genuine help comparing the three boots. Thanks for your help earlier.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Get the red ones! These are the best boots ever made, except they are not warm, and they are red.
20180407_082753.jpg

The point we are making is that any difference between these three boots is insignificant, compared to the difference a boot fitter can make to the boots you already own.

If you only want help deciding between these three, then get the cheapest ones, or the ones from the store that deserves you support.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Perhaps I should rephrase my question - If you had to choose between the Dalbello Il Moro MX 110 with the ID Liner, Atomic Hawx Magna 110S, or the Lange LX 120. which would you pick and why? Assume all three boots fit your foot equally.
But these three will not fit the same foot equally...they can fit different feet equally, but not the same foot. They could fit equally poorly but not equally well.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Keep in mind the stance, whether its upright or has forward lean, or if your calf is in a position to push you forward..... all of that makes a difference as much as the size and volume of the boot.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The point we are making is that any difference between these three boots is insignificant, compared to the difference a boot fitter can make to the boots you already own.
Did you see what he has, Dabello Boss? A high volume mid range boot from about a decade ago. No, time to move on from that Converse High Top.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
I never imagined it would be this challenging to get some information on the differences between the three boots.

What's wrong with the Dalbello Boss? A master boot fitter put me in that boot and its been great. Just time for something new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor

Staff online