• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random Stuff

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
1638093107_0g7wj37e0p.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Some Googling shows this to likely be a snowflake etched onto a sphere of tin. ()

It would have been done with a focused ion beam, or electron beam, which is capable of etching metal at microscopic scales. And which is something we do where I work - and that's what I figured this was when I saw it. The "E-beam" note is a giveaway for electron beam etching. These beam tools are typically paired with some type of scanning electron microscope to be able to do things like this. It's pretty incredible. We use them mainly for moving or cutting microscopic metal in semiconductors to look for production issues or failures.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The longest winning streak in college football is 47 games by Oklahoma from 1953 - 1957 the team that broke the streak was Notre Dame. BTW the last team to beat them before the streak started was Notre Dame.

The longest winning streak in college basketball is 88 games by UCLA 1971 - 1974 the team that broke the streak was Notre Dame. BTW the team that beat them before the streak started was Notre Dame.
I have not checked all these facts but a friend that is a Notre Dame fan sent me this information and he has been a reliable person.

James

Out There
Instructor
The longest winning streak in college basketball is 88 games by UCLA 1971 - 1974 the team that broke the streak was Notre Dame. BTW the team that beat them before the streak started was Notre Dame.
I have not checked all these facts but a friend that is a Notre Dame fan sent me this information and he has been a reliable person.
The UCONN women’s basketball team broke that streak by a good mile. 111 game win streak, Nov 2014 to April 2017. Actually fans wished they had lost before March madness that year. Instead they lost in the semis in OT.

Uncle-A

Skier
The UCONN women’s basketball team broke that streak by a good mile. 111 game win streak, Nov 2014 to April 2017. Actually fans wished they had lost before March madness that year. Instead they lost in the semis in OT.
Sorry I didn't include the word men's college basketball

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
This showed up on my time line on Facebook. An early 60's Disney episode suspect it was shot in the late 50's from the gear and clothes. If you aren't familiar with Fred Iselin, he was a skiing great and the Ski School Director at Aspen for many years. This was the world I started skiing in (but nowhere near the experience Suzie had). At the least check out the racing scenes near the end, some are probably a Roach Cup of those years. Get your popcorn ready.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
This showed up on my time line on Facebook. An early 60's Disney episode suspect it was shot in the late 50's from the gear and clothes. If you aren't familiar with Fred Iselin, he was a skiing great and the Ski School Director at Aspen for many years. This was the world I started skiing in (but nowhere near the experience Suzie had). At the least check out the racing scenes near the end, some are probably a Roach Cup of those years. Get your popcorn ready.

The gear looks very familiar to me. It's what I started on in the same year the Disney episode came out. What a flash from the past!

Uncle-A

Skier
Since this is random stuff and the holidays just finished, my question is:
What ski related stuff did you get for the holidays?
I will start, I received a six session pack of two hour lift tickets for the indoor skiing "Big Snow" here in NJ and an already posted Balaclava. Who's next?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

Uncle-A

Skier
Has anyone been receiving emails from "Requipper" a website that sells used equipment? I am not sure if they got my email address through the SKITALK contests or some other source. I have been receiving emails from some of the company that donated to the contests and that is fine but this "Requipper" doesn't ring a bell from the contests.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone been receiving emails from "Requipper" a website that sells used equipment? I am not sure if they got my email address through the SKITALK contests or some other source. I have been receiving emails from some of the company that donated to the contests and that is fine but this "Requipper" doesn't ring a bell from the contests.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Since this is random stuff and the holidays just finished, my question is:
What ski related stuff did you get for the holidays?
I will start, I received a six session pack of two hour lift tickets for the indoor skiing "Big Snow" here in NJ and an already posted Balaclava. Who's next?
From a very close non-skier friend, my very own 'Jerry' ski carrying system.
Thank you I have always wanted one of those.

Will trade for a slightly used balaclava.

Uncle-A

Skier

Sponsor