• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The best pizza in the U.S. comes from....

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The quality of pizza declines proportionally with the distance from the Bronx. IT used to be Brooklyn, but hipsters ruined that. Once you get to the Bear Maountain Bridge it's awful.
Hoboken has descended into an unmitigated yuppie hell since the Clam Broth House closed.

dm
This is up for debate.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There could be a 100 pizza shops in the NY metro area that could vie for the best pie on any different day. Did "Johnny Boy" work that Tuesday or was it "Little Sal"? Some customers will only get their pie on Mondays when "Frankie Feefiefoe" works his shift.

Uncle-A

Skier
There could be a 100 pizza shops in the NY metro area that could vie for the best pie on any different day. Did "Johnny Boy" work that Tuesday or was it "Little Sal"? Some customers will only get their pie on Mondays when "Frankie Feefiefoe" works his shift.
Funny, BTW many of the pizza shops close on Monday it could be their slowest day. Some stay open only for Monday night football.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Funny, BTW many of the pizza shops close on Monday it could be their slowest day. Some stay open only for Monday night football.
We have a Pho restaraunt that is closed Mondays, I won't order on Tuesdays because the broth isnt' ready yet, LOL.

James

Out There
Instructor
used to live three blocks over from Gramaldi's in Hoboken and it was our every Friday night pizza. would pick up a pie on the walk back from the bus.
Used to go to the main one under the Brooklyn Bridge a lot in the 90’s. It went from “Patsy’s” to “Patsy Grimaldi’s” to “Grimaldi’s” because of law suits. “Patsy’s” was a pizza place on 125th st that was pretty famous and eventually went out of business and sold the name.

Took someone to Grimaldi's once and halfway through the meal he wanted the pizza reheated. He thought it wasn’t baked enough to begin with. They refused, saying it would ruined it.

Service there was sort of grudging, with Eastern European dudes. Even going there a lot, barely got anything out of them until one was leaving to go back to Romania I think. Patsy himself when he was there was quite nice. He used to occasionally smoke a cigar in the no smoking restaurant. It was not something one complained about.

We sat once in a table next to Giuliani and his incredibly short assistant. That was shortly after he hosted Sat Night Live so it must have been ‘97. We told him he was funny as the cab driver.

That place they’re in now at Front/Fulton is up the street from where they were on Fulton St. The current place used to be the Opera Cafe or something like that where they’d have opera singers sing during dinner.

Uncle-A

Skier
Which part? Hoboken, pizza, the Bronx or Brooklyn? That post is a tournament of opinionated grumpiness.

dm
It has been decades since I have had pizza in the Bronx. There was one place there that was like a beer garden that opened up in the backyard during the better weather. Sorry I don't remember the name of the place but a girl I was dating at the time took me there for the pizza and she said it was the best in the Bronx. The pizza was good not sure if I would call it great. But even average pizza is still good.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Grimaldi’s and Juliana’s (Patsy Grimaldi’s current dba) cater to tourists from the fly over states. Pizza is not bad, but be prepared for a long wait during which you’ll overhear many excited conversations about how amazing Times Square is.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Outside a roughly 100-mile radius of the Brooklyn Bridge it is rare, if not impossible, to find pizza.
Certainly, there are innumerable establishments that claim to offer pizza, and not a few that make some absolutely delicious dishes mistakenly referred to as pizza.
But it is not pizza.
And that's all I have to say about that.

James

Out There
Instructor
Outside a roughly 100-mile radius of the Brooklyn Bridge it is rare, if not impossible, to find pizza.
Certainly, there are innumerable establishments that claim to offer pizza, and not a few that make some absolutely delicious dishes mistakenly referred to as pizza.
But it is not pizza.
And that's all I have to say about that.
So, like Italy is out.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Definitely. But Italy has food far better than pizza, so don't feel bad for them.

Uncle-A

Skier
This is my wife's homemade pizza with pepperoni for dinner tonight. Homemade is better than store made any day.
PXL_20220108_001008481.jpg

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To inject some ski-related content, I had a pretty good pie at Fired Up Pizzeria in Durango.

w-181048045.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online