• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The best pizza in the U.S. comes from....

James

Out There
Instructor
Found a pic of a pizza from Bianco in Phoenix. This one is the SONNY BOY- Tomato Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Salami, Gaeta olives.

View attachment 150097
Yum. How was it?
Having spent years as a poor grad student qualifies me as a pizza expert.
Best pizza I ever had came from a Chinese restaurant in Paris.
Go figure?
Well there’s situational skewing and memory.
I could easily say one of the best pizzas I’ve had was in the wilderness in Wyoming in winter. Staying in a quinzhee snow shelter, with an injured knee that day, the “pizza” we made that night was amazing. In reality, it was god knows what types of cheese on pita bread with pepponi and cooked in a pan on an Optimus Hiker stove. But t was hot and melty and spicy and good.
Still hits the spot in memory.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
What would make you order a pizza in a Chinese restaurant in Paris??? When I was in Germany I went to a Chinese restaurant but I did order Chinese food. It was a little different to watch the Chinese waiter speak German and take the order of Chinese food.
Because I saw the pizza they served to the next table of Italians.
But some great French white helped too.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Unacceptable:
-Pineapple
-Pinapple and ham

1638585112249.png

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think that we have to come up with a new/different category for these things that some try and call pizza. It is not pizza it is just a counterfeit food that resembles pizza but it is not pizza.
PSO ?

James

Out There
Instructor
Well if you take the kiwis off it’s just a cheese pizza.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
@Uncle-A ....such a style'n pie.......used to live three blocks over from Gramaldi's in Hoboken and it was our every Friday night pizza. would pick up a pie on the walk back from the bus. Large pie, with pepperoni, mushrooms and sausage was the usual. To prevent soggy crust used to throw the pie on a pizza stone when it arrived home.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
The quality of pizza declines proportionally with the distance from the Bronx. IT used to be Brooklyn, but hipsters ruined that. Once you get to the Bear Mountain Bridge it's awful.
Hoboken has descended into an unmitigated yuppie hell since the Clam Broth House closed.

dm

Sponsor

Staff online