• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The "I need to brag about a gear purchase" thread--Cycling version

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Embrace the imperfection, randomness, entropy and the 2nd Law!!!

Absolutely not!

You're right @cantunamunch 100%, go get the tools, this needs fixing. If you allow an obviously misaligned tray to slide tomorrow you will be OK with creaking bottom bracket, dirty chain or (god forbid) imperfect shifting, what world would that be, eh?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1665855770794.png

That's the peasant version-with Ti rails.
Did 40 km just to test it today-nice, very nice even but coming from Power Arc Elaston cant really feel dramatic difference in comfort.

The bag is Silca Mattone Grande in case someone wonders. Truly great.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 181310
PNW was having a sale and my wife's new Fuel EX frame needs parts! 34.something 125mm Loam dropper, 31.8 x40mm stem, 31.8 bars 800mm bars. Gonna have to chop a bunch of mm off the bars to get them to fit her. I think shes got 740s on her hardtail fatbike.
I really like my PNW bar and grips. I left the bar at 800. Just remember 30mm on each end!:roflmao:

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hah! Nahhhh 60mm off the end and call it good.

I'm rather impressed with all of it, never had any parts from PNW before. Even without the sale price, they feel very nice and look good too.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm picking up a Wahoo Kickr + Climb setup this afternoon for winter pain cave things.

Or, I could send you a set of studded Schwalbe 29er tires, since I've gone all fat bike in the winter, and you could keep getting your Vitamin D the natural way! ;)

Speedplay. The lolipops.

Best road pedals ever. I miss mine, but when they and my road shoes wore out at the same time -- and Speedplay was going bust before new ownership rescued it -- it was just easier to start using my SPD mtb race shoes.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Or, I could send you a set of studded Schwalbe 29er tires, since I've gone all fat bike in the winter, and you could keep getting your Vitamin D the natural way! ;)

I'll be doing plenty of that with my coaching! :cool:

Also, I will get out and ride in proper fresh air when I can. But I've learned over the past few seasons that I need more proper base training given how early the bike season starts in the Mid Atlantic. Thus the Kickr+Climb (which I picked up yesterday and tested briefly - works fine!).

And I'm kinda lacking a 29er. My current gravel setup is a repurposed 26" hardtail and my Moots only takes up to a 34-35mm tire. It's all good, tho!

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No pictures yet.. but since SRAM temporarily reduced MAP pricing for dealers I bought some stuff at basicly half price.. Grabbed two 180 HS2 rotors for my wifes Fuel EX frame. And a cheap set of level t brakes to go on my oldest crockett frame. It's going flat bar with a surly corner bar whenever my LBS can get one for me. That frame currently is missing bars, brakes, and most of the drivetrain. I've got enough mtb drivetrain parts to built it back as a flat bar style cross bike, just need the bar and brakes. Should be fun, but if it's not, then at least it'll be complete so that I can sell it next spring.

Sponsor

Staff online