• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
For me, the 172 WRT-ST and 185 Laser GS compliment one another very nicely as fun, mild mannered, easy going, race inspired sport carvers that will bring a big smile to your face arcing turns on-piste. For non-race skis, both offer fairly high speed limits, excellent edge hold, and are more versatile than a FIS race ski, while offering better performance than wider 70+ mm "carving" skis.

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Just wait until we test our WRT Pros. That alone will add a good 50+ pages.
Not good, not.good. I've started thinking about those too, ridiculous... Buuuut @LindseyB what you gonna say about a cyclist build 5' 9" 135lbs male :D and the 172cm WRT Pro?

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Not good, not.good. I've started thinking about those too, ridiculous... Buuuut @LindseyB what you gonna say about a cyclist build 5' 9" 135lbs male :D and the 172cm WRT Pro?

172 Pro will be a lot of fun. It will just take a little more energy to get the most out of it compared to the WRT-ST.

My buddy Slade used to race on the euro cup. He is a really fit dude and weighs 175 at 6'. He felt like the 178 AX wasn't enough ski for him. He races the 180 GS. He posted the fastest Nastar time at Nationals in 2021.

Slade skied the 172 thinking it wouldn't be enough ski and that he would need the 180. He is buying the 172 and says it is by far the funnest ski he has ever been on. Slade is always fast and very powerful skier.

I am yet to ski the 180 WRT Pro. The 172 makes me feel like a superhero and I am 190 5'10".

If you plan on going really fast and loading the ski a lot the maybe. If your are looking for a lot of fun and don't need all that HP the ST might be the ticket. Either way, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
You ever spend any time on the SX? Really seems like the one ski in the Stockli frontside line up that covers the most overlap between being able to be aggressive/responsive and to just joyride. I don't see many people talk about it and my theory is its because reviewers make it sound too similar to models like the WRT or GS, when it actually sounds more like it sits nicely between a GS and a Montero AX.

I have the WRT and the GS in my quiver, and personally I think there's too much similarity there to warrant owning both, though I'm still a bit undecided. I've been considering adding the Montero AX this year but the more I think about it the more I think it would be wiser in dumping the GS (since both the WRT and GS require very attentive skiing) because I'd give myself more leeway by adding the SX and possibly another mid 80mm width like either the Montero AR or Stormrider 88.

Anybody got any thoughts? No Tony, I'm not buying the WRT Pro. I don't need that much ski lol.

Oh yeah, I'm east coast 99% of the time...

Yes, the SX fits right between the GS and the AX in power and personality.

East Coast 99%? I would go SX for a ski that can go all out when needed, but take it easy and cruise around the rest of the time.

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why is the YT video of the Stockli North America 22/23 unavailable?
I mean I am watching it then try to post it here and it shows as unavailable?
Title is "Stöckli North America 2022/23 New Product Launch"
Very strange.

Anyway this guy George Couperthwait is super cool.

njred

Putting on skis
Skier
Getting excited for the season to start!
F387D9DF-DF37-4120-8BC8-C7B5765DF2F5.jpeg

njred

Putting on skis
Skier
Just about had a heart attack strolling through your post. First I see a pair of Stocklis just lying on the road. Scroll a little further and I see the trunk. Whew, it’s okay; breathe.
Hahaha.. i don’t think a pair of stocklis would ever JUST be lying on the side of the road.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
In Aspen, maybe... :crossfingers:

njred

Putting on skis
Skier
I left a nice pair of poles in Aspen in 2016. It still bugs me. Especially if the person who got them didn't really need them, which seems possible in Aspen.
For a moment, I thought you left a pair of stocklis in Aspen! I have lost skis in Colorado before but have gotten them back eventually. You know spring break, those Texans getting hammered and then taking your skis by mistake.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hahaha.. i don’t think a pair of stocklis would ever JUST be lying on the side of the road.
One morning I pulled up on snow. First day of the season and a pair of WRTs were outside a lodge laying right in the middle of a groomer by themselves. I parked the truck and scratched my head.

At the end of the day very late, so late in the day that everything is closed and anything left on the snow is going to get run over by a snow cat, those WRT were still in the exact same spot in the middle of the snow. Completely untouched.

So I couldn't just let them get run over that night by the groomer. I put them in the ski rack about 20 feet away. Still confused. They were brand new.

It was at Yellowstone Club. Unexplainable stuff happens in that part of Montana.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
One morning I pulled up on snow. First day of the season and a pair of WRTs were outside a lodge laying right in the middle of a groomer by themselves. I parked the truck and scratched my head.

At the end of the day very late, so late in the day that everything is closed and anything left on the snow is going to get run over by a snow cat, those WRT were still in the exact same spot in the middle of the snow. Completely untouched.

So I couldn't just let them get run over that night by the groomer. I put them in the ski rack about 20 feet away. Still confused. They were brand new.

It was at Yellowstone Club. Unexplainable stuff happens in that part of Montana.
At YC they only use the skis for one run, doncha know!

Sponsor

Staff online