• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Advantage of being a hermit: nobody to complain when you decide it’s fine you don’t need to eat for the next couple months
Kraft Mac & Cheese bought in bulk made w whole milk and butter has lots of calories! Keep eating. If you drop too much weight, 166 will be too long!
PS I’m happy to let you try out my Laser SCs/149. My BSL 285; they have system binding easily adjusted.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Kraft Mac & Cheese bought in bulk made w whole milk and butter has lots of calories! Keep eating. If you drop too much weight, 166 will be too long!
PS I’m happy to let you try out my Laser SCs/149. My BSL 285; they have system binding easily adjusted.
+ canned tuna and frozen peas

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
+ canned tuna and frozen peas
The finest artisanal dried beans and rice cooked the correct way

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm actually embarrassed to be here. I like the skis a lot, but don't want that to be part of my identity.

If you identify with the ski you are on, skis are the least of your problems.

It is all a game we play, a theatre, we pretend that totally insignificant and in the grand scheme of things-utterly meaningless stuff like a pair of inanimate planks have some real meaning and we are having fun while doing it.

It is all just for fun. In reality Stockli as well as any other brand along with skiing as activity can go to hell and cease to exist tomorrow morning and I won’t mind one bit as it is nothing really important.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you identify with the ski you are on, skis are the least of your problems.

It is all a game we play, a theatre, we pretend that totally insignificant and in the grand scheme of things-utterly meaningless stuff like a pair of inanimate planks have some real meaning and we are having fun while doing it.

It is all just for fun. In reality Stockli as well as any other brand along with skiing as activity can go to hell and cease to exist tomorrow morning and I won’t mind one bit as it is nothing really important.
Ha, but what about skiing as a whole. If skiing or snow were to disappear or be banned, I think many here, myself included would be lost for quite awhile and need to reinvent ourselves.
Or if skiing was unchanged but you personally suffer some medical event or condition that prevents you from just skiing again.... life-changing I think

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
But what about skiing as a whole. If skiing or snow were to disappear or be banned, I think many here, myself included would be lost for quite awhile and need to reinvent ourselves.
Or if skiing was unchanged but you personally suffer some medical event or condition that prevents you from just skiing again.... life-changing I think

There are literally millions of people on this planet who have never seen snow in their entire life, think about that.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
So are you saying my SR88's won't be sad or upset with me if I ski on my new SR95's?

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are literally millions of people on this planet who have never seen snow in their entire life, think about that.
True.
Snow = Joy
Can’t say why, but seems to be a universal human response, that does not wear off, even for those who have seen it many, many times.
Stockli has tapped into the same thing, I guess.

Sponsor

Staff online