• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
If they change the blue on the slaloms, there’s going to be problems. But then again, Lange has done it repeatedly.

smv

Booting up
Skier
Hello all,

Coming from a 22 Laser SL-FIS/160 and an 23 Laser SX /165 which I run both and I am very happy about them, I was wondering if a WRT has room in between. This year's WRT version at 172 makes me wonder if it's too long and perhaps too much ski for me (comparing to the SX length which I run very well). On the other hand, a WRT /162 may be a bit too small and too close to the FIS SL I already have and enjoy the most.. So I was thinking about next year's WRT which will come at 166 if I recall a recent post in this thread.. but then again, no bargains as it will be a new ski and with the new WRT bindings it will easily reach 1,600 EUR if not more.
At this price, dimensions (width increased), more accessibility etc., I can fit the HEADs e-Race Pro @165 with FreeFlex ST16 at half the price (880EUR) considering the current end of season deals in Europe.
I recall someone testing the e-Race Pro 170 with the WRT 172 (DocGKR?) but can't find the thread. If anyone can help me find it, I would greatly appreciate it..
Also, anyone else's thoughts on the WRT vs e-Race Pro (aside next year's graphics etc..) are mostly welcomed.

Thnx!

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a forum for us to discuss OUR thoughts on equipment and brands, and not a brand owned site that we have to tip-toe around criticizing the brands products, correct? Lindsey strikes me as a tough cookie, he can handle some colorful tantrums (and probably read between the emotions/sarcasm).

P.S. the new graphics on the WRT's suck

Yup, I agree with that. My comment was neither a criticism or tantrum. I was simply clarifying that I didn’t really think Stockli was copying Peak.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Nela 88 and 96 are slightly lighter and have more pop/rebound. Every lady skiing both current version and the new version liked the new version more. The bigger change was in the Nela 96. Very noticeable in the response of the ski.

Well, that's interesting. I'm seriously considering adding the Nela 96 to my quiver and the pop/rebound is part of what I'm missing in my current Kastle FX96 that I miss from the Head Great Joy.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If they change the blue on the slaloms, there’s going to be problems. But then again, Lange has done it repeatedly.

Next year they remain unchanged, so we stock up a bit and then IF they change it, we stock some more.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
P.S. the new graphics on the WRT's suck
In my opinion, the new graphics in front of the binding are okay. The mess is the giant "WRT" lettering behind the binding. Luckily, unless something goes wrong, I'm generally not looking at the back of the ski while they are on my feet. A stronger tail and more rebound sounds good.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Probably a better thread for this but don't feel like searching for it-- just wanted to put out a PSA that there's a gently used (seller says 6 days) pair of '21 Laser GS VRT, 175 with SRT12 bindings for sale in Haverhill, MA for $525.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, that's interesting. I'm seriously considering adding the Nela 96 to my quiver and the pop/rebound is part of what I'm missing in my current Kastle FX96 that I miss from the Head Great Joy.
What size? I might be a resource. :ogbiggrin:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just visited a friend who now has worked in the Vail main Gorsuch store full time for several years,
and he has access to the near full line of Stocklis they stock (as well as being the sole distributor for the Van Deer/Augment skis).

It was fun to see the grey Marco Odermatt issue of the WRT Pro (apparently the same ski as the WRT Pro with different graphics).

One of his two favorite skis (for him) this year and last has been the Stockli AR in 180. He says on old snow days
it kills on rough, windblown snow such as the Vail slopes get often, in addition to being so great on groomers
and also in bumps, at that length.

He is also a long time rep associate for Marker and for K2, so he gets to use a lot of skis.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just visited a friend who now has worked in the Vail main Gorsuch store full time for several years,
and he has access to the near full line of Stocklis they stock (as well as being the sole distributor for the Van Deer/Augment skis).

It was fun to see the grey Marco Odermatt issue of the WRT Pro (apparently the same ski as the WRT Pro with different graphics).

One of his two favorite skis (for him) this year and last has been the Stockli AR in 180. He says on old snow days
it kills on rough, windblown snow such as the Vail slopes get often, in addition to being so great on groomers
and also in bumps, at that length.

He is also a long time rep associate for Marker and for K2, so he gets to use a lot of skis.
Hi, I'm from the east coast. Can you help me understand how longer length helps in bumps?

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Actually, the only reason he didn't get the AR in 185 was that for him the 180 was just right, especially for bumps.

He and I, in the past, have downsized a favorite ski just to use it more in bumps: me a pair of Brahmas to c. 173,
him a pair of Katanas to a little shorter, as I recall.

I just go by experience and example. I'm not the guy to explain the whys of bump ski lengths. :)

I just know the competition bump team guys use longer skis in bumps than I do, optimally.
Guess it has to do with ease of pivoting vs. stability at speed and in the air, for them.

Last edited:

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Personal? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Stockli is a company, not a person unless you think their CEO is reading here in which case: Marc, STOP IT or else forget about XMas cards from me!

Come to think of it, that’s not a bad idea at all, let me go on LinkedIn and flame the dude a little… :ogbiggrin: Tell him what I really think.

But it is not all bad, look here:

View attachment 231062

Nice, right?

Too bad these as any other FIS GS skis are only good for about 5 runs in the morning after which they get absolutely pointless.
Which leads us back to the criticism on WRTs which in their current version are waaaaaaay better daily driver than any 20+ skis. For me.

Looks like a great tubing run. How was that couloir in the upper left?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like a great tubing run. How was that couloir in the upper left?

Awesome place for dying. Happens regularly.

Jeez, how often do I have to tell you guys that here you either ski on the pistes or are totally on your own?
These couloirs look nice but lead absolutely nowhere where you can get back on lift. You do it you need to hike back for hours and hours. Weather changes in seconds, avalanches aplenty, people die every year.

You go ski there, you die, you have no one to sue, as it is FORBIDDEN. The only reaction from society is: Serves him well.

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow I thought 20 was about as big as they made anymore! Thanks!
Not being critical in any way but ... not sure if serious???
I mean, you've got a large post count and all, so I'm impressed if you've truly managed to avoid all the chatter about GS skis.

Sponsor