• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
@LindseyB and others. Skiing the Edge 88 and loving it, but never having skied a SR88 can you tell me how they compare to each other?

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
@LindseyB and others. Skiing the Edge 88 and loving it, but never having skied a SR88 can you tell me how they compare to each other?

Which Edge 88 do you have?

Fyi, each of the 4 generations of the SR88 are very different.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hi all, first post here. I recently bought a pair of Stormrider 88s, and I am 100% hooked. I now understand what all of the hype is about. My first few runs were actually a bit disorienting... before I knew it I was going 40 mph, and the skis were dead quiet with rock-solid stability. I've never felt more confident at higher speeds. Skiing on these things is like cutting butter with a hot knife.

My buddy who encouraged me to get these said once I get a pair of Stöcklis, I'll want to sell all of my other skis and replace them with more Stöcklis. Unfortunately for my wallet, he's right!

I can't do that all at once, but the next slot in my quiver that I'm eyeing a pair of Stöcklis for is a dedicated carver. That's my main focus this year, and the low snowpack is keeping me on the groomers a lot of the time. Right now I have the Head e.Magnum SuperShapes 170 cm with a 13 m turn radius. Super fun for short turns practicing new technique, but of course, not the best ski for railing fast, medium and long radius turns.

So, I'm thinking of adding a ski with a 17-18 m turn radius that would slot in between these e.Magnums and the SR88s. This would be a dedicated, on-piste ski—I've got the SR88s as a narrower all-mountain ski and Liberty Origin 106 as a wider all-mountain ski for days with more snow, trees, steeps, etc.

What would you suggest? I was considering the Blizzard Firebird WRC for this slot, but now that I've skied the SR88s a few times, I'm leaning toward a Stöckli instead.

Sounds to me like you might be a candidate for WRT-ST in 180. You might also like the SX in 181 or GS in 175 or 180.

What length did you get in the SR88?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lindsey,

I am a Stockli fan of (too) many years; SCs, SXs, Laser GSs of several vintages and now thoroughly enjoying my new Laser ARs.

I have observed that the Laser GS gets updated on a two-year cycle, which would mean an update for 2021-2022. Do you have any information that you can share, and perhaps a timeline?

Thanks.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Lindsey,

I am a Stöckli fan of (too) many years; SCs, SXs, Laser GSs of several vintages and now thoroughly enjoying my new Laser ARs.

I have observed that the Laser GS gets updated on a two-year cycle, which would mean an update for 2021-2022. Do you have any information that you can share, and perhaps a timeline?

Thanks.

The GS does get updated traditionally each 2 years. I am not allowed at this time to share details for the new 21/22 ski.

Reactions: NE1

Cantankerous

Putting on skis
Skier
I asked a similar question on Phil's reports from Waterville--but realized that it would get better exposure here--particularly since Lindsey might see it...

Phil references the updated Stockli Stormrider 88---at the Waterville show--

Is this just a graphics update for 2022---or is it a new ski versus the current 2021 version, i.e. the model with the black graphic treatment. The 2021 was updated--so I would be surprised to see if it was updated or changed again for 2022---btw--I bought a 2021 version--which is why I am asking. Thanks for your help!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The GS does get updated traditionally each 2 years. I am not allowed at this time to share details for the new 21/22 ski.

:popcorn:

Very much looking forward to hearing the news.

At this point you could just say the new models will be shockingly awesome, painfully beautiful and truly magical and that our credit cards will be leaping out of our wallets like spawning salmon at the mere sight of them.:ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin:

Kent

Getting on the lift
Skier
For a terminal intermediate, it was a challenging morning at 49° North: 4 to 5 inches of medium-heavy fresh blown into piles by winds strong enough to shut down lifts 1 and 4. Fortunately, I had the right tool for the job. What is the right tool in a Stöckli thread? Stormrider 95s. Ullr! They are easy to ski.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
4 to 5 inches of medium-heavy fresh blown into piles by winds strong enough to shut down lifts 1 and 4. Fortunately, I had the right tool for the job. What is the right tool in a Stöckli thread? Stormrider 95s. Ullr! They are easy to ski.

:yeah:

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
@LindseyB have I told you lately how much I love my SR Motion 85's? First, they change colors when the sun hits them which is so trippy. Second, although they had a rough start in Dec and Jan thanks to Big Sky's copious rocks and assorted natural litter, they just scream "give it me, I can take it, no problem sister". They're beautiful badass skis and demand I ski better. Thank you for the vote of confidence when I was shopping the virtual Stockli wall.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
@LindseyB have I told you lately how much I love my SR Motion 85's? First, they change colors when the sun hits them which is so trippy. Second, although they had a rough start in Dec and Jan thanks to Big Sky's copious rocks and assorted natural litter, they just scream "give it me, I can take it, no problem sister". They're beautiful badass skis and demand I ski better. Thank you for the vote of confidence when I was shopping the virtual Stöckli wall.

Thanks.

This is why I do what I do. It's so fun hearing people and their love affair with skiing our skis.

Even if I were to become wildly successful in my summer business ventures, I would still rep Stockli just for the fun of it.

jw19

Booting up
Skier
If one couldn't own the AX, any thoughts on what ski (non-Stockli) would be the closest substitute?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid