• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's on your ski/skiing bucket list?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Since this thread is active again, I would like to have a powder day, demo a powder ski and maybe a lesson on how to ski the dry fluffy snow.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I think we need to have a Euro gathering sometime, even if it’s just a handful of people to start with.

I'm pretty sure we could cobble together a Euro long weekender somehow once travel opens up somewhere in striking distance of Milan, GVA, ZUR or INN even TRN or LYS.

Innsbruck feels fairly central - tunnel for the Italians, autobahn for the Germans and Swiss, maybe a bit far for the French residents.

I think we just need to see how things are getting on in the fall and come up with a plan. It’s unlikely we’ll be able to agree on a destination that works for everyone, but it should be possible to get at least a few together somewhere.

Do it ... set it up.
Let's see..this season is gone, what with the present geopolitical mess. But if we do not start, we won't start..so, sighting next season...is there a 'Roll Call" thread with location preferences? Shall we start one?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Let's see..this season is gone, what with the present geopolitical mess. But if we do not start, we won't start..so, sighting next season...is there a 'Roll Call" thread with location preferences? Shall we start one?
Interested.

Should probably start with place and time.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
@fatbob , @Jacob , @Crank , I see that @Cheizz has already made a proposal:

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
for me....nothing really in the US

1. Heliski - not sure I want a whole week, hate being on other people timeline but would like to do it once
  2. The Arlberg - because.
  3. Zell am See - where my father learned to ski while "guarding milk" while living in Salzburg after his hike through Europe, courtesy of the US Army in the 40's.

Medal below from his things - always ski with it.

8E3A5F62-3519-4E68-B7DE-6D31AA5662D5.jpeg 63676BE5-9075-4119-8125-39FF307FF989.jpeg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Heliski - not sure I want a whole week, hate being on other people timeline but would like to do it once
Revelstoke Mountain Resort owns Selkirk-Tangiers Heliskiing. The last time I skied at Revy was a few years ago, so things may have changed, but they offered single day (and half day I think) heli skiing from a landing pad right at the resort base.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A buddy of mine and I usually take at least one trip every year. This year, when the time allows, the snow isn't flying anywhere. This led to the discussion on where to go during low tide, which led us further into our skiing bucket list.

I'm wondering, what are on everybody's personal ski bucket lists? Resorts, conditions, new skill, backcountry?

I've checked most off my personal bucket list, but I'll include a few remaining:

Japan
Chamonix
Alaska/Alyeska
Ski on a volcano
Heli Trip
Hut-to-Hut trip in British Columbia or San Juans
Tahoe

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Japan
The Alps (especially the Inferno Murren)
New Zeland
Jackson Hole, Alyeska, Tuckerman

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm to the sad point of crossing items off my ski resort bucket list simply because I don' think I'll have the skills/physical stamina to fully enjoy then by the time I actually get there..

What is moving on to the list is skiing with grandkids.. But, neither of my adult kids is anywhere near providing said grandkids..

Darryl

Booting up
Skier
I've been lucky enough to ski a number of North American resorts both east and west, as well as Chile and Austria.

Really want to hit Japan and New Zealand in the next few years. In North America, Taos is high on my list.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Closing day party at Aspen Highlands.

Mid mountain rave party somewhere in Europe.

That's it. It's all I got at this point.

Vampire Cat

Putting on skis
Skier
Cat and heli trips.

Gotta make it back to WA to ski Mt St Helens. Snowshoeing up it and watching all the folks having way more fun skiing it is what caused me to learn to ski in my 30s. Might as well add Baker to the list, too.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
I don't love travelling that much. So my "bucket list" is to get back to a few places I skied when starting out now that my ability is a little higher. Killington in particular.

deadheadskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
My bucket list goals are less about places and more about what I want out of skiing for the rest of my life. At 48, I think about two primary things I hope to have happen.

1. To still be skiing with my kids at 80+ and hopefully grandchildren too.

2. To eventually have the time to race more than the one beer league night per week I do today. I'd love to be able to do all of the Northeast Masters circuit for GS and SL each season.

Sponsor