• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN’S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Goggia
LGB
Johnson

I think Shiffrin will break top 10 if her back doesn't put the kibosh on things.

Also: Ledecka could be a dark horse tomorrow. She does well at LL.

Well I nailed first, missed on second, and underestimated third. Wouldn't have picked Puchner for the third rung but she had a good run.

What's amazing is how much better Goggia's run was than everybody else. She's skiing on another level, seeking more speed, being more aggressive, and never scrubbing her edges. Seriously, it was a clinic in how to SEND IT and the other competitors were left scratching their heads.

Atomic Skis had a banner day, sweeping the podium.

Great to see Nicol Delago come back from serious injury - better still to see Goggia run out into the finish area to greet her with a heartfelt hug. That's something about Forza Italia: they all root for each other and it lifts everybody in the process.

Mikaela looked too precise, skiing a conservative line and standing too upright heading into Fishbowl. Comparing her approach when she won in 2017 to today it's like two different skiers - and in many ways it is. MS' lack of time on the DH boards shows.

Last edited:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Well I nailed first, missed on second, and underestimated third. Wouldn't have picked Puchner for the third rung but she had a good run.

What's amazing is how much better Goggia's run was than everybody else. She's skiing on another level, seeking more speed, being more aggressive, and never scrubbing her edges. Seriously, it was a clinic in how to SEND IT and the other competitors were left scratching their heads.

Atomic Skis had a banner day, sweeping the podium.

Great to see Nicol Delago come back from serious injury - better still to see Goggia run out into the finish area to greet her with a heartfelt hug. That's something about Forza Italia: they all root for each other and it lifts everybody in the process.

Mikaela looked too precise, skiing a conservative line and standing too upright heading into Fishbowl. Comparing her approach when she won in 2017 to today it's like two different skiers - and in many ways it is. MS' lack of time on the DH boards shows.
Re: MS, I'm intrigued what tomorrow will bring. I generally hate the 2DH in the same venue, but here's one where, IMO, it could be good for some to get some more miles/comfort.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Goggia was on fire, great to see. 2 out of 3 for me but Goggia was better than expected. I thought Shiffrin skied great & looked like she had plenty in the tank at the finish. I am guessing she was treating today like a full length training run. If the weather remains clear the hill should lock up a little, get faster & more consistent tomorrow.
0CC4FBA9-7411-4A11-880B-2B65F1F040E0.jpeg

Goggia skied too fast today to think she won’t win tomorrow.
Johnson
Shiffrin cuz “why not”

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Goggia
Johnson
Curtoni

James

Out There
Instructor
Goggia ruled! Twas silly to not pick her.
She had a very high line in that left footed fishnet? Section. Skis were quitw sideways briefly. Breezy actually was faster on that.

Did everyone get that blurry round spot on the second camera? Condensation I guess.

James

Out There
Instructor
Keely Cashman had a nice recovery. I was picturing high speed net impact.

Gogia today,

Goggia tomorrow!
Puchner
Johnson

Same podium, different spots.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Other sites are saying LGB has been ill which explains quite a bit. MHO looked a bit tentative most of the way down and was spent by the finish. Also did not have a great start tangling a pole on exit of the start house.

Anyone know if she's recovering? (Very important for Predictor H2H question on the SG.)

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Did everyone get that blurry round spot on the second camera? Condensation I guess.

Yep, it was there in the FIS youtube broadcast. Kind of like one of those masking effects they stick on vids to hide the id of the whistleblower.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I know this will look super smart now, after the race, but I didn't see it before the race so take it as you wish. Anyone betting on Schmidhofer must be super optimistic. Her injury less then year ago was so bad, that first she had to have emergency operation that they actually saved her leg. After that, everyone and their dogs (and all the doctors operating her) were sure, she will be super happy if she can walk sort of normally after that. No running, no recreational skiing and certainly no racing. Less then 2 months ago, she was standing on skis for the first time after injury and she did few turns on Tiefenbach glaciers in Soelden (other side of Rettenbach glacier where WC races are, and it's much more mellow place), and all she could do was crying because she felt so happy to be able to stand on skis again. Noone, except for her, was even in that time, thinking she will ever race again. So it's super crazy to think she will be contender, but just being on start and skiing down the slope with bib on is amazing victory for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online