• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN’S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So instead of Maribor, Kranjska Gora.

17CA0CB0-D42A-4789-83A8-9EC23992FBFB.png
FC4A441D-8741-4B38-97EA-8268F350A986.png
966FBDDE-1C5F-4A87-891F-1EFACEFD2295.png
09E4539C-88D3-4F65-AAF4-E474DF034CA6.png

und so weiter

James

Out There
Instructor
Bassino and KG is like a whiskey on the rocks. Nice and smooth.
That means you’re going with whiskey on the rocks, e.g., Bassino?

What’s happened to Brignone, covid?

Kind of a tough one here with Shiffy, Vhlova, Bassino, Hector, Worley. Where to put them? Plus a surprise.

Shiffrin
Bassino
Vhlova

Hector
Worley

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Patellar injury, likely tendinitis or a fracture of the patella, itself.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
It's not going to be "normal" Kranjska Gora. No injection was done this year, except for "natural injection", in which I honestly don't believe much. There was a bit of rain on Wednesday morning, before turning into snow and getting 50cm of fresh snow. They were suppose to clean new snow away (with machines), and they are saying this water from rain should be enough to have hard track. It surely is cold (-12c at the moment), but I'm not sure that little rain was enough to have sort of hard surface.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is a tricky surface, but held up. No ”rocks” [ice] though but Bassino is in the fight. But Sara looked very powerful in first and it seems like her HEAD set up is just right for today.
Re absent skiers, a lot of covid going on in teams. A positive test renders 10 days off in quarantine…

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Well Hector smoked it followed by Worley and Bassino.
Valerie Grenier of Canada got 4th from bib 25.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Wow! Exceptional performance in both runs from Sara Hector, really fun to watch where most of the others were not. Hector overtakes Shiffrin in the GS globe race.
Robinson had good power & speed up till the DNF.
I don’t remember a time when Shiffrin & Vlhova were so slow.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I suspect, and hear “a tiny bit” that suggests that Mikaela may have been knocked down by COVID more than anybody is admitting. Not just a positive test, no symptoms, felt and feels fine. It sounds like she still feels tired and a bit drained. As do Alice Robinson and LGB. Alice normally has incredible stamina, and she is running out of gas late in her runs. She has said that the effects of the virus may be hanging on a bit, just not all back yet.

Nothing firm, but sounds pretty plausible. I hope that they all feel on top of their game by the OWG’s.

GREAT day for Sara Hector today. Wow. Really threw it down and “owned” the field. Nice to watch!

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I suspect, and hear “a tiny bit” that suggests that Mikaela may have been knocked down by COVID more than anybody is admitting. Not just a positive test, no symptoms, felt and feels fine. It sounds like she still feels tired and a bit drained. As do Alice Robinson and LGB.
There was an article in the New York Times yesterday that said

”For example, last week, because of a positive coronavirus test, she spent nine days quarantined in Central Europe — “mostly sitting around or lying down in a room,” she said — and prohibited from any exercise that would raise her heartbeat or breathing rate.”

Prohibited from raising breathing or heart rate does sound more like maybe more than no symptoms and feels fine, but maybe that is just an abundance of caution.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
/Spoiler/Spoiler/Spoiler

Shiffy looked much better today in SL, skied very fast in 2nd … but straddlled. Don’t think I have seen that before?

Vlova, who also did a bad performance yesterday, wins and Wendy (poor Wendy) fought to get her first win on her 100th WC start, but 0:23 after over two runs. Petra again looked strong and skied straight, whined a little about surface pre race (perhaps an excuse for yesterday’s race, which i think created set up troubles for her and Shiffy too).
Anna Swenn Larsson in third after a ”safety” run in first and then voll gas in second. Hector did a good race (10) after yesterday’s GS victory. Lotta Säfvenberg (24) too, a little too catious in 2:nd, but she’s working on getting a better start position.

Canadian girls starts looking good!
Charlie Guest GBR (18) also deserves a mentioning.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don’t think I have seen that before?
She's had a DNF every few years I think. I seem to recall a straddle a few seasons ago.

EDIT: A little Googling shows she straddled in the first run in slalom in Zagreb in January 2017. Which is farther back than I was thinking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online