• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Any word if they are trying to run men’s race tomorrow?
That's one of (smaller) reasons why women's race was cancelled this fast. They saw it's more or less impossible to get it through, and trying to slip the course while still somehow hopping for women's race, would make more damage then benefit to course, so less chances for tomorrow, when weather should be better. So yeah, they are trying to get men race through tomorrow, but it's not going to be really easy.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Apparently the base became very soft in the warmth and rain. Mayr is quoted saying that even the piste preparation work would be dangerous this morning. So it seems they are waiting for clearing later today and hoping things set up.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
It was raining, which made snow soft, and then there was some 10cm of snow (more like slush not really snow) on top, so there really wasn't anything you could do. Base preparation dangerous? Ok not so dramatic, but yeah, they would slipping down trying to get snow off in darkness, and slipping down that steep in snow like with zero visibility and with skis hooking constantly into that snow without hard base is definitely not fun.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Race canceled due to weather, per Shiffrin’s Insta.
As we suspected. Oh well, that’s ski racing.
Maybe we should hold these glacier races in September :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:
TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
When there is one race venue, I assume it is still two different race decision makers for each race?
Markus (men’s race director) makes call tomorrow whereas Peter made call this morning (women’s)?

Last edited:

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
When there is one race venue, I assume it is still two different race decision makers for each race?
Markus (men’s race director) makes call tomorrow whereas Peter made call this morning (women’s).
Yes, these are two separate decisions. Tomorrow morning they make the call on the Mens GS.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Race canceled due to weather, per Shiffrin’s Insta.
I was going to get up and watch it at 4:30 AM here, but missed my alarm. Now I'm glad I did. :)

James

Out There
Instructor
Some real drama to the landscape up there. From that web cam-
A924FAFD-207A-4A19-9554-5B2217FAF54B.jpeg

Markus (men’s race director) makes call tomorrow whereas Peter made call this morning (women’s)?
Here’s what’s listed now on FIS-
Women’s race-
7DC6121E-2B39-4E05-A592-542BB3209158.jpeg

For men, all they have now is-
457E2401-1E81-46F1-A525-75FB436FAFE4.jpeg

@Primoz would know if the other 3 positions are the same for each race.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
There's one team for women race (Gerdol, Mayr (tech events), Senigagliesi (speed) and Kronner) and they are responsible for women tour, while other team (Waldner, Hladnik (tech), Trinkl (speed) and Kertesz) is responsible for men. Even when there's same venue, there's women team for women race and men team for men race, but they work together. But responsible one is the one that is real race director on race, so Marcus didn't have anything officially to say today, and Peter was the one making decisions together with his assistant (Markus Mayr).

James

Out There
Instructor
There's one team for women race (Gerdol, Mayr (tech events), Senigagliesi (speed) and Kronner) and they are responsible for women tour, while other team (Waldner, Hladnik (tech), Trinkl (speed) and Kertesz) is responsible for men. Even when there's same venue, there's women team for women race and men team for men race, but they work together. But responsible one is the one that is real race director on race, so Marcus didn't have anything officially to say today, and Peter was the one making decisions together with his assistant (Markus Mayr).
How’s the view coming into that gondola (?) station on top?
Seems like real limited ski terrain up there this time of year.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
View is nice :D Just over the valley is Pitztall glacier and you can actually see tracks and lifts from gondola. And as it's something little over 3000m it means' there's no much higher stuff around, so view is cool. Skiing on the other side is not all that great. There's Rettenbach side, which is more or less closed or at least full during this weekend (WC course is of course closed, Icebox is also closed and part between top of gondola and middle station is full of training courses. Tiefenbach on the other side is nicer, as there might be training course or two, but most of terrain is open, but it also means there's more people there. So honestly, I was never too impressed with skiing there, not to mention it's worse and worse every year as glacier is disappearing and there's less and less terrain every year. But don't get me wrong... it was always great way to start ski season, so it was always great skiing... but really not something I would come there and stay there for few days... few hours was always enough :)

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Thank you. Too many named “Markus” (all spelled with k).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online