• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2022-2023 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stevens Monday, today
Stevens had a really big weekend. There was new snow and cold weather and everybody came. They parked out all the parking lots on Sunday. We sied the leftovers today. Some very slight lift lines, pretty much winter conditions, the snow is pretty good with some crunchy and some scrappy here and there. Visibility came and went but mostly was pretty good. I spent most of the day off the groomed. The consensus opinion was it was fun, well worth going. Tomorrow should be much the same.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
13" in 48 hours at Stevens Pass. Winter is back! Some of the steeper slopes got scraped off, was still a great day. Longer lines at Southern Cross, first couple of hours. Any report from Crystal on 4/2?
I toured up Chinook Pass from the east side yesterday(4/2), turned around just over the backside(to Crystal skiers) of pick handle and crown point. I'd say there was a fresh nearly 18" back there. I think we may head back there tomorrow, see if the snowpack is abit more locked up.

I rode lifts at White Pass today, very good snow and temps in mid 20's. It's definitely winter there still!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Sun Peaks was firm and fast today and with no one here, on the lifts they were sending up more empty chairs than loaded.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Spring break ski trip with Archer, Hunter (grandsons), and Scott (son) up to Mt Hood Skibowl and Timberline Lodge. This accounts for days 57,58, 59 of the ski season for me. Absolutely stunning big snowstorm that dumped 64" of new snow over our 3-day trip!

Archer and Hunter tried snowboarding for the 1st time and they picked it up quite well. We skied at Skibowl on Saturday with really really deep thick snow. Then on Sunday we went to Timberline for most of the day, then rented snowboards for night skiing at Skibowl. On Monday we went to Timberline where Archer and Hunter continued on snowboards until late afternoon and switched back to skis.

What a great 3 days of fun!

Not crowded. Look at all of that powder and empty chairs.....

T-line-snow.JPG

0402231532a_HDR.jpg

0402232003a_HDR.jpg

0401231022a_HDR.jpg

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
More Stevens, Tuesday
One to 3 inches of new snow, better visibility than yesterday, still wintery and no crowd. The run of the day turned out to be Seventh Heaven which was worth repeats. Seventh's uppermost mogul field was awful but the rest skied very nice.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Switching to the Rockies for Easter so last day at Whistler. Expect Blackcomb will still good on return.

Snow pack hasn't been stellar this year but enough to hold up until May 24.

Next year they plan to upgrade the Fitz .
Could be entertaining watching how an 8 pack serving a teaching area works out

Last edited:

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Summit & Sun @ Bachelor Butte. Snowpack is getting over the lodge stairs.
20230405_104310.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied for the first time in the PNW today, at Mt. Bachelor, with @David Chaus . The skiing was challenging, with vertigo inducing whiteout conditions at the level of the tops of most of the lifts. The snow was thick and damp, and very sticky on the bottom hundred meters or so. I was duly cowed. Thanks to David for the guiding and the patience. May you always have an orange jacket!

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied for the first time in the PNW today, at Mt. Bachelor, with @David Chaus . The skiing was challenging, with vertigo inducing whiteout conditions at the level of the tops of most of the lifts. The snow was thick and damp, and very sticky on the bottom hundred meters or so. I was duly cowed. Thanks to David for the guiding and the patience. May you always have an orange jacket!
Even better, tomorrow Tony will have his second day skiing in the PNW, with cooler temperatures and snow in the forecast overnight.

Here are some pics from yesterday, when Bachelor actually had sunshine all day. The Summit was open around 11, and after several days being closed it was a feeding frenzy for the first hour and a half.

This is from the top of Cow’s Face.
205E0A05-6FC3-4D19-BEF9-0A8EE5A382BE.jpeg

View from Coffee (I think), top of Pine Marten lift on the right.
9AB27130-2502-4AE9-B786-4E5A9D099031.jpeg

Healy Heights or thereabouts.
4F498D56-7F2C-4755-A624-EFE12EC44C41.jpeg

This was more on the West Bowls side, the snow was much better here then got pretty heavy dropping into the trees. The West Catchline was a welcome relief, but man! it is a long way to get to the NW lift.
A4643399-AAB4-4C10-AB35-B4C9A9CBCE13.jpeg

More views from the Summit.
763F8E32-7ED2-4095-BAC9-42ECD09BAB91.jpeg 5E7946C3-F0C5-4DC0-B615-4589A52174C1.jpeg

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Skiing was better at Bachelor today, after 3” overnight, and more snow throughout day. And visibility was better for the most part, though we still had some vertigo-inducing moments at the top of NW.

@Tony S getting some turns on Skyliner Liftline. It did not suck.
DF8A1C2D-E611-4A19-B409-F9211EFBA701.jpeg
F204571F-012C-43C0-9E54-B4B9A3D6F535.jpeg

We traversed skier’s right from the top of Skyliner to keep out of the race training on Cliffhanger, and hit some nice untracked snow traversing towards the Summit chair (which was not open). This, too, did not suck. B071A3F7-AAB2-4115-88D6-F267BB00C0AB.jpeg

Continuing past the Summit Crossover and skied in between Avalanche and Marshmallow, then continued on Cliff’s and the skier’s left side of Marshmallow. Untracked and slightly tracked snow all the way. It was so good we had to go back and do it again.
A75B0DB1-D090-440B-A791-C32F179C820A.jpeg

Over to Cloudchaser. The Cloudchaser lift had some issues and kept stopping, so after a second lengthy wait in the lift line, they got it running long enough to get everyone to the top and closed all the runs there. We headed back towards the West Village lodge for lunch, after another run on Skyliner, because, skiing.

After lunch we spent the afternoon at NW. There was the obligatory whiteout on top, and after some tentative flailing, dropped below the clouds and skied some nice snow on Sparks Lake; amazing really as we got 2400’ vertical with absolutely no one else in sight from top to bottom. The second time starting out on Sparks Lake there were…people, other people!! How dare they! Nonetheless we somehow managed to enjoy ourselves.
Other than the Cloudchaser issues, there weren’t any lift lines and we got a lot of skiing in. A fun time was had by all, or both. :daffy:

Last edited:

Giotto

Di Bondone
Skier
Crystal got 6-8" of dense snow Thu overnight. The top 1/4 of the mountain was a blast despite the weather report saying: "Riders will find a variety of snow surface conditions today with a texture reminiscent of riding through mostly cured glue".
low vis early in the day, had to ski close to trees. Still pretty awesome for the second week of April.

IMG_2849.jpeg IMG_2850.jpeg IMG_2855.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Skiing was better at Bachelor today, after 3” overnight, and more snow throughout day. And visibility was better for the most part, though we still had some vertigo-inducing moments at the top of NW.

@Tony S getting some turns on Skyliner Liftline. It did not suck.
View attachment 199865
View attachment 199870

We traversed skier’s right from the top of Skyliner to keep out of the race training on Cliffhanger, and hit some nice untracked snow traversing towards the Summit chair (which was not open). This, too, did not suck. View attachment 199868

Continuing past the Summit Crossover and skied in between Avalanche and Marshmallow, then continued on Cliff’s and the skier’s left side of Marshmallow. Untracked and slightly tracked snow all the way. It was so good we had to go back and do it again.
View attachment 199867

Over to Cloudchaser. The Cloudchaser lift had some issues and kept stopping, so after a second lengthy wait in the lift line, they got it running long enough to get everyone to the top and closed all the runs there. We headed back towards the West Village lodge for lunch, after another run on Skyliner, because, skiing.

After lunch we spent the afternoon at NW. There was the obligatory whiteout on top, and after some tentative flailing, dropped below the clouds and skied some nice snow on Sparks Lake; amazing really as we got 2400’ vertical with absolutely no one else in sight from top to bottom. The second time starting out on Sparks Lake there were…people, other people!! How dare they! Nonetheless we somehow managed to enjoy ourselves.
Other than the Cloudchaser issues, there weren’t any lift lines and we got a lot of skiing in. A fun time was had by all, or both. :daffy:

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Saturday at Bachelor was a groomer day, had the Blossom AM 77’s all day. After it warmed up a bit in the afternoon, I ventured over to Northwest again, and the snow from the top of most of the runs was actually nice and chalky with some smallish bumps, then the lower half tended to be groomed (but not all, those left ungroomed were slow and sticky glue).

My last run at Northwest at the end of the day was Snapshot, so I took a snapshot. The cloud layer is just above Broken Top to the right, and just below the peak of the South Sister. Though the cloud layer was above the top of Bachelor’s Summit, it didn’t open today as it was windy most of the day.
088C525B-FDD4-40AE-8F58-D9909EAE3D2B.jpeg

Skiing down the first bowl, and looking up
656A53D9-21A5-4961-9B7D-E71BCBE18327.jpeg

then looking down.
1DB25E32-D831-4DC9-B7D5-11CDC25DEDE4.jpeg

Drive back home tomorrow, just in time for Spring to start again.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Heading down there next week.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ski season days 60, 61, 62 were really good. April just keeps on snowing. I've brushed snow off of my car so much, my snow brush bristles are all worn out!

Tuesday was windy and snowing at Timberline Lodge. A good powder day. Wednesday was snowing and windy at Mt Hood Meadows -- another fine powder day. Thursday the sun came out and the residual powder and the groomers were great at Timberline Lodge.

I think I shaved my winter beard off about 3 weeks too early.

0413231855a_HDR.jpg

0413231121.jpg

0413231000d_HDR.jpg

0413230915b_HDR.jpg

0411231234a_HDR.jpg

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stevens Fri 4/14 our last day here
Beautiful sunny day. Very minor lift lines, mostly on Hogs. The snow was crunchy and firm in the morning and in the shade. A lot of areas softened up enough to be really fun, especially Skyline. In many ways this was our first really spring like day at Stevens. What a beautiful day to finish.

The Three Faces on Skyline chair was the run of the day
Face one, short and steep, the little bowl, right at the top
IMG_1045.JPG

Face 2, which used to be called Windy Knoll
IMG_1044.JPG

Face three which we call Turd Face, looking down, It drops off right by the second chair pole
IMG_1047.JPG
Sweet

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Bachlor is excellent at the moment. Sunny, colder, and very little wind. There are wind scoured places, but also nice wind deposited coverage as well. NW chair was amazing yesterday! Sunday sounds like it will be a bit sporty again weatherwise as a new system arrives.
20230414_140546.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online