• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 New England Gathering Discussion (March 24 - 26, Sugarloaf / Saddleback)

James

Out There
Instructor
The former owner was already past the end of his leash when he took it all out on me during the NE Gathering last spring. He didn't care what the fallout might be
I thought that was hush hush??
Now I’m calling back that reporter from VT Digger.

It’s sad about the two former owners. I stayed there maybe six yrs ago. Owners were decent I thought, and the breakfast was actually too good. I suspect the owners split up as a couple.

Last edited:
TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought that was hush hush??
Now I’m calling back that reporter from VT Digger.
It was hush hush when I was worried the owner would call all his Vermont innkeeper buddies and tell them to blacklist me as as "guest" (customer). Now I'm thinking they knew he's exactly the wing nut I know him to be. He has probably run off with an Inuit woman of poor judgment and is now living the good life drying fish in Unguiclitikat.

Last edited:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I live in Mass and my son went to college at the University of Vermont. When he moved back home he brought at life sized cut out of Bernie Sanders. We use it now to throw darts at. Does that count as a war? :roflmao:
Out of stater at UVM

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay, so this solves the mystery. The former owner was already past the end of his leash when he took it all out on me during the NE Gathering last spring. He didn't care what the fallout might be
I had some great stays at the old-ownership White Horse Inn, but come to think of it I only interacted with one of the partners. Maybe they kept the other one locked in the kitchen (where he made wonderful breakfasts) for a reason.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm, I missed that story.

It was told over beers and coffee during the Kton NE gathering last year. Very funny and emotionally wrenching story told by Tony of his experience staying there during the gathering. Basically, if I remember right, Tony wanted a room with two beds, as opposed to one king, and the owner went nuts, accusing him of everything from sneaking in a "girlfriend" without paying to being a card carrying member of the Communist Party and supporting new gun control restrictions. Tried to throw him out, but stopped just short of that. Tony was not pleased.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It was told over beers and coffee during the Kton NE gathering last year. Very funny and emotionally wrenching story told by Tony of his experience staying there during the gathering. Basically, if I remember right, Tony wanted a room with two beds, as opposed to one king, and the owner went nuts, accusing him of everything from sneaking in a "girlfriend" without paying to being a card carrying member of the Communist Party and supporting new gun control restrictions. Tried to throw him out, but stopped just short of that. Tony was not pleased.

Now that you mention it, Tony is a shifty looking character.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
the owner went nuts, accusing him of everything from sneaking in a "girlfriend" without paying
gosh I would hope that if one is trying to sneak in a “girlfriend” you would only want one bed… unlike trying to sneak in a spouse of course, because it is nice to have your own personal space…

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On balance, I like Scott's version of the story better than the real one.

James

Out There
Instructor
I can’t remember the story, other than it was pretty bad by the owner. I think parking was involved.
They could’ve run the inn properly, if it wasn’t for the guests (Tony).

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
They could’ve run the inn properly, if it wasn’t for the guests (Tony).
That's actually a nearly 100% accurate condensation of what the guy said to me.

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There'll be a ticket deal for Saddleback at the Snowbound ski show next week (and this weekend at the Country Ski and Sports warehouse sale/ expo). The "Rangeley Express 4 pack" for $199. No blackouts, and fully transferable.
Is anyone going for just two days who wants to split the deal?

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm going to Saddleback for 1 day but need two tickets for me and my son. I'd be happy to split the deal with you.
Cool. Will you be at the ski show? Or I can pick it up— I’ll be there too. I may only be at Saddleback one day too. TBD but I’ll figure out what to do with the other one.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool. Will you be at the ski show? Or I can pick it up— I’ll be there too. I may only be at Saddleback one day too. TBD but I’ll figure out what to do with the other one.
Yes, I’ll be at the show on Saturday. I’m happy to pick it up.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
With this level of coordination you should all show up at the booth simultaneously and negotiate a bulk buy. Nunchucks not necessary!

I envision an active ticket scalping scene in front of the base lodge on the first day of the Gathering. Next thing you know Phil and Tricia are getting a call from Saddleback management asking them politely never to send another delegation of SkiTalk lowlifes.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
ACTUALLY this would be a good opportunity for them to head over to the booth to apologize in advance for our behavior!

Sponsor

Staff online