• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That's the plan. Just wanted to know if this is normal.
Not normal, but not infrequent. You definitely need to pull back on the top of the boot to make sure the toe lug is contacting the binding wings. Also verify that the lug and the sole of the boot are free of debris.

Business card stock varies considerably in thickness. Manufacturers provide their own testing card to avoid these variances.

Tomok

Booting up
Skier
Not normal, but not infrequent. You definitely need to pull back on the top of the boot to make sure the toe lug is contacting the binding wings. Also verify that the lug and the sole of the boot are free of debris.

Business card stock varies considerably in thickness. Manufacturers provide their own testing card to avoid these variances.
Understood. Thanks

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
On a new Look Pivot 12 with the binding engaged should you be able to spin the heel piece ??

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@Viking9, then, what do you mean by engaged? Heel up as if there were a boot in the binding? As opposed to open and ready for a boot?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Then yes. That is what I believe gives the Pivot its name. The lower plate with the wings that the heel piece arms attach to has some degree of rotary motion or 'pivots'. The upper plate that the screws pass through is stationary.

You've piqued my curiosity. Does your heel piece turn or not turn when engaged?

1670209126844.png

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
The heel piece turns when engaged just like your picture, no boot just like your picture.
Maybe with the boot inside of it it behaves differently ??

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yes. The heel piece will only pivot with a boot in the binding IF the toe is deflected laterally as in a toe release. Pivoting with no boot is normal.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Lol somebody gave me a hard time when I asked about the thickness of a business card, as if they are all the same. A feeler gauge costs about $7 but is slipperier than a card but I still trust it more.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lol somebody gave me a hard time when I asked about the thickness of a business card, as if they are all the same. A feeler gauge costs about $7 but is slipperier than a card but I still trust it more.
Won't the tear test alway pass with a feeler gauge? ;-)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Won't the tear test alway pass with a feeler gauge? ;-)
This is why you should use a credit card and not a business card. The credit cards are constantly the same thickness.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is why you should use a credit card and not a business card. The credit cards are constantly the same thickness.
But how thick are they? My new atm card is thinner. The old chase platinum rewards were metal.
The atm is definitely thinner by at least 10 micrometers. I just tested it under a desk drawer.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
But how thick are they? My new atm card is thinner. The old chase platinum rewards were metal.
The atm is definitely thinner by at least 10 micrometers. I just tested it under a desk drawer.
Not sure how thick an ATM card is because I never use one. But my Visa and AMX cards are the same.

Sponsor

Staff online