• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Catchall Food Thread

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
We also know what concentrated oats can do!
No, actually we don't all know. Plug? Or the other?

FWIW, my daily starter is a bowl of oatmeal (I know that's not concentrated) and I'm just an ordinary average guy.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After two abdominal surgeries I am now OK. But I need almost 100 g of fiber a day for things to move the way I’d like. Don’t know if I’d get there without oat bran. If there’s ever a supply chain issue on this stuff I’m in deep trouble. Notice I said trouble instead of something else. :)

394FD539-55E4-4CEC-8ED2-F123A01EBD48.jpeg

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No, actually we don't all know. Plug? Or the other?

FWIW, my daily starter is a bowl of oatmeal (I know that's not concentrated) and I'm just an ordinary average guy.

During ski season I eat a lot of oatmeal, about every other day. I make it with skin milk and add currants or banana with a dollop of maple syrup.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
During ski season I eat a lot of oatmeal, about every other day. I make it with skin milk and add currants or banana with a dollop of maple syrup.
I use maple syrup in my oatmeal too, and my wife thinks it's weird. Thanks for sharing I will have to show her your post.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I use maple syrup in my oatmeal too, and my wife thinks it's weird. Thanks for sharing I will have to show her your post.
I used to use maple syrup or brown sugar when I was a kid.

Nowadays it is old fashioned oats, half a banana and 6 or so frozen strawberries. Finish with vanilla almond milk and a small scoop of flaxseed meal.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Same for me during the ski season. Every other day.
A large bowl old fashion oats with half teaspoon of brown sugar, a pat of butter and a splash of heavy cream or half & half.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
One of the things that got me through the recomp is 50g oats 60g pea protein in a 5"x8" glassware 2x day. Frozen tropical fruit or frozen berry mix for sweetener. Hot in the am, cold pudding for lunch. 130 g protein done with minimal fat and no lifter drink annoyance.

After two abdominal surgeries I am now OK. But I need almost 100 g of fiber a day for things to move the way I’d like. Don’t know if I’d get there without oat bran. :)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Maple syrup for me too!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of the things that got me through the recomp is 50g oats 60g pea protein in a 5"x8" glassware 2x day. Frozen tropical fruit or frozen berry mix for sweetener. Hot in the am, cold pudding for lunch. 130 g protein done with minimal fat and no lifter drink annoyance.
Thanks, I’ll check that out. I‘m intrigued by the pea protein. I would like to get away from the processed aspect of the Fibre One…”whole grain” notwithstanding.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Thanks, I’ll check that out. I‘m intrigued by the pea protein. I would like to get away from the processed aspect of the Fibre One…”whole grain” notwithstanding.

I'm using Anthony's it doesn't clump up into solid protein dumplings like soy powders will. It can be gritty in the mouth by itself, and that doesn't go away with cooking, but oats have a nice gel suspension effect anyway so will smooth that out.

I have yet to have good success with suspending pea powder in kosher (carageenan) or halal (agar) Jello, but working on it. Yes, I am totally trying to get to protein low-carb Turkish delights. Actually probably better to think of it as vegan aspic, since savory mixes are easier.

Last edited:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If only you lived closer….

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My wife felt like cooking today a bowl of meatballs and sausage, a dish of two braciole. This was taken after we finished dinner.
PXL_20220824_224445064.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online