• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Faction CT 1.0 for $222 a pair!

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Mine came with similar rust but not quite as bad as the ones pictured here. I wrote it off as something I’d take care of with first tune. I‘m now wishing I had followed up with The House. Glad they seem to be addressing it for you all.

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Skis.com had this stock since 2020 as there are lots of people that bought from them last year in 21. Then Skis.com went under(but back up now :huh:) and The-House was supposed to get all their stock. Was maybe 6 plus months before it showed up on The-House website. Where they were stored the last year almost I don’t know but wonder if that’s the issue?

Don’t remember any issues last year with rust and mine from Canadian places were all fine.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mine should arrive on Wednesday. Guess I just need to factor in the cost of a base grind to the savings.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got mine this afternoon. There's a little rust, but nothing terrible. It will be gone as soon as I tune them.

I briefly considered taking pictures and seeing if I could get some money back, but I'm happy with the deal I got and surface rust or not, I'd be tuning them anyway. No harm, no foul.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know it’s hard to see with the shrink wrap still on, but do you think these are salvageable with a base grind or should I just return them? I needed a new 92mm ski like I needed a hole in the head, but the deal seemed like it was too good to pass up. 5CAE7859-1D9A-45A1-9952-0420D8BD8B02.jpeg
5CFCE8AC-8B2D-400A-860A-75B33C505AC9.jpeg
335A6B3E-2648-414D-835E-B0C8316AB1A3.jpeg

I think those are the worst spots on this ski. Didn’t unwrap to see the other ski yet.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I know it’s hard to see with the shrink wrap still on, but do you think these are salvageable with a base grind or should I just return them? I needed a new 92mm ski like I needed a hole in the head, but the deal seemed like it was too good to pass up. View attachment 178036
View attachment 178037
View attachment 178038

I think those are the worst spots on this ski. Didn’t unwrap to see the other ski yet.
Hard to tell in the plastic but those don't look too bad to me. You probably could clean them up well enough by hand.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I know it’s hard to see with the shrink wrap still on, but do you think these are salvageable with a base grind or should I just return them? I needed a new 92mm ski like I needed a hole in the head, but the deal seemed like it was too good to pass up. View attachment 178036
View attachment 178037
View attachment 178038

The rust in the second and third pics are relatively minor.
The rust in the first pic appeared to spread along the keys under the ptex. Definitely not a good thing.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Got my 2 pairs today and both have a bit of rust near the tail of the skis. The shrink wrap makes it looks worse than it it’s and tried a coarse ceramic stone on the rusted areas and came totally off without any stains.
I’m going to grind them and hit the edges with files/stones anyway and then put storage wax on them as they are backups.

Will be complaining for sure about the rust, horrible packing and paid extra for fast shipping yet was sitting 20 mins away for almost 4 days. The shipping box big was enough for 4 pairs of skis and no bubble wrap or any paper to prevent them from moving around and we’re open holes in the box when it came. Only plus side is I think the border isn’t charging me duty/taxes as they looked like an amateur packing job.

Heard from a few others on other sites who got their skis today and they were perfect with no rust and intact shrink wrap.

I’d complain to The-House and get them tuned for the discount. The only luke warm reviews of these skis on the Faction thread were from those who didn’t get them tuned/looked over before skiing.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Did a quick job on the 4 skis to see if it truly comes off as easily as I was hoping with the ceramic stone. Just followed the edge freehand and came off very easily. Looked like the bases were hit more in the plastic wrap but only one base edge hit. Again came off easily. Did all 4 skis in about 15 mins and will save the big tune for after a stone grind.
38D19660-6D87-4F18-9252-9821E6EA3B97.jpeg
01BB5B7D-9399-4518-907D-E909DF38CBC1.jpeg
B680307E-161A-4D9F-BA91-2C0A3BC387EA.jpeg
984E1CDB-9CBB-4278-BE16-59E959988A53.jpeg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
The cynic in me wonders if this was a salvage buy, not just poor warehouse conditions.
Feels likely somehow - certainly some sub prime overstock that's been bought up to flush through the site rather than own inventory surplus. Caveat emptor I guesd.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did a quick job on the 4 skis to see if it truly comes off as easily as I was hoping with the ceramic stone. Just followed the edge freehand and came off very easily. Looked like the bases were hit more in the plastic wrap but only one base edge hit. Again came off easily. Did all 4 skis in about 15 mins and will save the big tune for after a stone grind.
View attachment 178049
View attachment 178048
View attachment 178050
View attachment 178052
Removed as much as I could from the base but always worry about scratching up the base badly with my stones lol. Not the steadiest of freehands

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Starting to wonder if the “cheap” Pivots we all bought from Corbett’s will be ok? Bought them on 9/6…and haven’t heard a thing/ They charged CC at time of purchase, but have had no word of shipping? If they were “in stock”, what are they waiting for?

Making me hesitant to ever go for the “cheap” deal offered by shops I am not familiar with….

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Starting to wonder if the “cheap” Pivots we all bought from Corbett’s will be ok? Bought them on 9/6…and haven’t heard a thing/ They charged CC at time of purchase, but have had no word of shipping? If they were “in stock”, what are they waiting for?

Making me hesitant to ever go for the “cheap” deal offered by shops I am not familiar with….
Corbetts is a very legit place and one of the biggest retailers out there.
Will reach out to my contact there to see what the scoop is as they usually ship within a few days max of receiving an order.
Just send Chris(ext 24) a message asking what’s up with the pivot orders. Call him if you don’t hear back tomorrow from them.

Last edited:

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Corbetts is a very legit place and one of the biggest retailers out there.
Will reach out to my contact there to see what the scoop is as they usually ship within a few days max of receiving an order.
Just send Chris(ext 24) a message asking what’s up with the pivot orders. Call him if you don’t hear back tomorrow from them.
I know Chris. He use to live nearby.

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier

i got some about a month ago and it was very fast shipping and first rate stuff (Look Pivots). I’ve bought other things from them over the years and stuff was well packaged (unlike The House) and and items as expected. Sorry you aren’t having the same experience but I wouldn’t worry about them not delivering.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That is a possibility. @chasinghorizons CT1.0 arrived with a wrapper that seemed to have been in a fire-affected warehouse due to the soot/ash/debris on it. A local shop went up in flames last year and the skis that survived had a similar feeling/texture...
Of course, salvage does not NECESSARILY mean trashed. I used to know a guy (tragically died young of a heart attack) who did salvage valuation/settlements for insurance companies. A lot of very slightly damaged stuff gets declared salvage. ... of course sometimes it DOES mean trashed.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier

Don't stress it, Corbetts is legit!

I have been getting some pretty good deals on Pivots and all of them have arrived in excellent condition.

Sponsor

Staff online