• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA FYI - Liberty VMT skis on sale for $199 w/ free ship. Good sizes.

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am curious to know how many skis liberty sell at more than 50% of the retail price.
There is always a deal on these skis and this kills their maket value.
You can find new stock but older models of liberty skis for less than 10,000 yen online.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
You definitely don't need to spend $200 on good bindings, especially if you don't need tech or gripwalk soles. Check Corbetts (prices are in Canadian dollars and they ship to U.S. for free), they have attack 13 for $120 delivered. And you should be able to get them mounted for $50. You should easily be able to buy these skis from STP and mount them with good bindings under $400 total.

Not any more, but I did just score some Attack2 11 gw bindings in shock yellow for $99.99 from asogear. I bought from them once before. They have "more than 10" remaining. Will look nice on the black v82. If daughter rejects them, I will post a good deal on skitalk.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not any more, but I did just score some Attack2 11 gw bindings in shock yellow for $99.99 from asogear. I bought from them once before. They have "more than 10" remaining. Will look nice on the black v82. If daughter rejects them, I will post a good deal on SkiTalk.
ASOGEAR is Corbett's. They use ASOGEAR as their name on Amazon and eBay. Exact same (great) company.

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
Not any more, but I did just score some Attack2 11 gw bindings in shock yellow for $99.99 from asogear. I bought from them once before. They have "more than 10" remaining. Will look nice on the black v82. If daughter rejects them, I will post a good deal on SkiTalk.

Does a 90mm brake work on a 90mm waist width ski (Evolv 90)? Or is the brake exactly 90mm (meaning it would not work).

Eyeing the black Attack2 11 BW90 bindings on Asogear...

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
So many choices... Attack2 11 vs SPX12, seems like the SPX12 are in the next tier, worth paying more if the max din is not needed?
And the Attack2 11 would be more comparable to a NX11?

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
So many choices... Attack2 11 vs SPX12, seems like the SPX12 are in the next tier, worth paying more if the max din is not needed?
hard to say. we have one set of nx 11 in the family and they work fine but not my favorite binding. i'll report back.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does a 90mm brake work on a 90mm waist width ski (Evolv 90)? Or is the brake exactly 90mm (meaning it would not work).

Eyeing the black Attack2 11 BW90 bindings on Asogear...
It will fit no problem. I have a 90mm brake on a 95mm ski. It fit without any massaging.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
I would get an attack 13 over either. You should be able to get it for around $120.

Edit - Looks like JMEB beat me to it. The attack 13 is a really good binding. I exclusively use Attack 13 and 14 on my inbounds skis. They also always test out exactly on the number.

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
I would get an attack 13 over either. You should be able to get it for around $120.

Edit - Looks like JMEB beat me to it. The attack 13 is a really good binding. I exclusively use Attack 13 and 14 on my inbounds skis. They also always test out exactly on the number.
Thank you, I will order the Attack 13. I have Look Xpress 10 demo bindings now and have been happy with them but they came with my current skis. Happy to try the Tyrolias. I have read Markers can be hard to step into in powder so I was going to buy Look or Tyrolia.

Oh wait - What does Attack 13 AT mean? I see they offer AT and GW (grip walk?). I have normal ISO5355 ski boots. I see in this chart the AT are significantly taller stand height? I do not plan on Alpine Touring if that's what it means so do I want a GW version? It seems like they are taller/heavier to fit a bunch of types of boots. Or maybe this doesn't really matter.

Skis came today, quick delivery!

Last edited:

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thank you, I will order the Attack 13. I have Look Xpress 10 demo bindings now and have been happy with them but they came with my current skis. Happy to try the Tyrolias. I have read Markers can be hard to step into in powder so I was going to buy Look or Tyrolia.

What does Attack 13 AT mean? I see they offer AT and GW (grip walk?). I have normal ISO5355 ski boots. I see in this chart the AT are significantly taller stand height? I do not plan on Alpine Touring if that's what it means so do I want a GW version?

The attack 13 are definitely better than the look xpress 10. AT means that they are compatible with almost all kind of ski boots including the regular alpine sole.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier

What does Attack 13 AT mean? I see they offer AT and GW (grip walk?). I have normal ISO5355 ski boots. I see in this chart the AT are significantly taller stand height?

Marker and Look can both be a challenge in powder. Griffons are especially bad, and Pivots aren't horrible in powder, but attacks are much easier to get into in powder.

You can get the AT or GW with your soles. The height difference is minimal and I highly doubt you would even notice. I have put Attack 14 ATs on my last 4 sets of skis and will put them on my next set as well.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Oh wait - What does Attack 13 AT mean? I see they offer AT and GW (grip walk?). I have normal ISO5355 ski boots. I see in this chart the AT are significantly taller stand height? I do not plan on Alpine Touring if that's what it means so do I want a GW version? It seems like they are taller/heavier to fit a bunch of types of boots. Or maybe this doesn't really matter.

The AT version does have a slightly taller stack height -- if you are very sensitive you may want the GW version. Most people won't ever notice. The AT toe is handy for sharing skis with others since it accepts all boot norms, and is good for resale value should you ever part with them.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
t's funny, as I progress, I prefer less rocker and narrower.

my lineup includes 2 non-rocker, sandwich construction, vertical side walled skis.... any ski I click into now with rocker requires an adjustment to the engagement timing in the tips and tails.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
not so much playful but they can be skied easy or hard. None of the liberty in the V or Evolv series are playful.

Well now............I always feel like I'm playing at the top of the Fun Pyramid when I'm laying railroad tracks in corduroy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

Sponsor

Staff online