• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lange Shadow 120 MV

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Not the one I put on my foot. No way. The heel volume is very different IMHO.
That is the #1 reason the Lange RX 130 and the Rossi Hi-Speed Pro 130 MV fit me so well is the narrow heel pocket that is synonymous with that last. If the heel pocket on the new Shadow is larger, it will not work for me, meaning I need to snap up one of the above while they're on sale right now!

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
That is the #1 reason the Lange RX 130 and the Rossi Hi-Speed Pro 130 MV fit me so well is the narrow heel pocket that is synonymous with that last. If the heel pocket on the new Shadow is larger, it will not work for me, meaning I need to snap up one of the above while they're on sale right now!
I bought a backup RX 130 for $250. Regardless, it will come in handy just for the liner alone.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I saw a video where someone was saying the same thing as marko. I find it very strange that Lange would mess that much with their fit as there are a lot of fanboi's like myself who won't even look at another boot because I like their fit.

I haven't tried the Shadow so maybe there is a good reason they changed things up so much, but I'm glad I have a backup RX just in case.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
I saw a video where someone was saying the same thing as marko. I find it very strange that Lange would mess that much with their fit as there are a lot of fanboi's like myself who won't even look at another boot because I like their fit.

I haven't tried the Shadow so maybe there is a good reason they changed things up so much, but I'm glad I have a backup RX just in case.
I agree. If Lange has changed the fit, I will have to look elsewhere. Luckily, the Rossignol boots are built on the same last as the RX.

late4gates

Pride comes before a fall.
Skier
Interesting. The Blister review says ...

Update 1.26.23: Lange told us that the fit of the Shadow is quite similar overall to the Lange RX / RS mold, but the Shadow has a slightly lower-volume heel pocket (reportedly similar to the original RX / RS), and the Shadow features 1 mm more room around the navicular area.

These traits would both be ideal for me but a higher volume heel pocket would definitely not. :(

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

Update 1.26.23: Lange told us that the fit of the Shadow is quite similar overall to the Lange RX / RS mold, but the Shadow has a slightly lower-volume heel pocket (reportedly similar to the original RX / RS), and the Shadow features 1 mm more room around the navicular area.

These traits would both be ideal for me but a higher volume heel pocket would definitely not. :(

Weird.. i wonder if i put on some sort of prototype?

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier

This would be PERFECT for me!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was hoping to get a Shadow for reviewing but there are no 25.5's yet. The cuff is very interesting and the liner has some neat fit features.

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier

Update 1.26.23: Lange told us that the fit of the Shadow is quite similar overall to the Lange RX / RS mold, but the Shadow has a slightly lower-volume heel pocket (reportedly similar to the original RX / RS), and the Shadow features 1 mm more room around the navicular
That would be awesome. Even better, no BOA. ;)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Maybe the liner is plusher or thinner.
The liner seemed similar to an XTC3 liner. I did a shell fit, and know the RX and RS boots well. The LV Shadow was in my observation, higher volume than the LV RX.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I was hoping to get a Shadow for reviewing but there are no 25.5's yet. The cuff is very interesting and the liner has some neat fit features.
I can't wait to hear when you get a hold of one and any thoughts on what they did with the fit (if anything). I don't doubt @markojp and yet there are reports of different tweaks. Wonder if there were prototypes out there, etc

I'm also just interested because I trust for Lange to replace the RX line with another model name, they must think the changes are a big deal... Hopefully for the better for all us Lange fans out there. Luckily I have backups in case...

jrc22ski

Booting up
Skier
I skied the Lange Shadow in mid-March and here was my summary to the rep:

"Conditions today were firm, natural snow with poor light and….terrible grooming (if groomed at all).

I skied my 175cm Stockli AX with a decent tune - 3 runs on my Lange plugs, low angle groomers.

I grabbed the Shadow in a 26 and I decided to keep my intuition liners on with my foot beds.

I have a large bunion on left big toe and I was surprised as there was no pressure or discomfort - nice toe box space.

On snow I immediately felt like my ski was 5” longer in front of the toe - so it works! What I gained in front pressure was negated somewhat by a boot with more foot movement in the shell that is not as torsionally stiff as my Lange plugs.

I did quite a few runs then met with a friend that said the snow was tough - firm and grippy. I decided to loosen to the 2 upper buckles up to get some more flex in the upper cuff. I liked the way it skied this way and noticed a more progressive engagement in my turns.

I believe you have something here. If they were fit to me with a Power Booster it would be better. A narrow lasted “Shadow Plug” - even better?! "

IMG_7674.jpeg

IMG_7673.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On snow I immediately felt like my ski was 5” longer in front of the toe - so it works! What I gained in front pressure
Not sure I understand this. I would think a gain in leverage over the shovel would make it feel shorter, not longer. Maybe you mean that the front of the ski felt more planted and stable, like a longer ski would?

jrc22ski

Booting up
Skier
Not sure I understand this. I would think a gain in leverage over the shovel would make it feel shorter, not longer. Maybe you mean that the front of the ski felt more planted and stable, like a longer ski would?
My way of explaining this would be

Sponsor

Staff online