• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AEV

Booting up
Skier
Do you guys worry about potassium, magnesium, and other electrolytes other than sodium/chloride(salt)? Just wondering

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Do you guys worry about potassium, magnesium, and other electrolytes other than sodium/chloride(salt)? Just wondering

I don't, not long term - I eat plenty and variety enough to be back at normal with one or two meals. Absent diarrhea, puking or bleeding, my electrolyte dips will be only on the tail end of very long, hot exercise sessions (read: shorts crusted with salt, shampoo doesn't foam in hair).

Put another way, about the only time I actually worry about electrolytes is if I have a virus, if I eat something that doesn't sit well, or just after an old-school-buddies type drinking session.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The only thing I worry about is Weight Watcher points.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I actually do. I take a supplement.
I count my WW points and make sure that I take my multivitamin, a probiotic and mineral supplement daily.
With allergies and smoke issues, I've also been taking a zinc lozenge from time to time.

Reactions: AEV

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm now at 18.4lbs lost so roughly 2.6lbs per week.
2.6/week is healthy, good on err off you.

I was hovering around 190 before our trip, then shot up to 197 (.8) and that was a huge wake up call because it put me closer than my high weight of 208 verses my low of 180 or 179, but that was to see if I could do it. Now the gloves are off (thats .5lb) and I am serious about getting back to the low 180's. As I said in an earlier post, I did it before, i know I can do it again. 194 this AM. #countallymypoints

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When we got off the plane, I felt bloated and yucky, but after being home 24 hrs, I feel back to normal, and am down 3 lbs from mosty water weight, still 2 above where I was when we left for AK.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Down 5 lbs in 2 months. I have to be super careful about eating to lose. Ideal weight is probably another 5. I feel great!
Same here.
Its so hard to lose and so easy to gain. I just can't get complacent

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This trip hasn't been good to me..or should I say, I haven't been good to myself. I am now (slightly) closer to where I was as compared to where I Iwant to be. It is time to get serious again and get back on the wagon. The best part is, is that I did it before, I can do it again. I can will do this.

occupational hazard for me when i am working. i usually end up with a lot of time between flights in the united club and it is just too easy to keep grazing. I dropped about 6-7# last winter (working on snow and carrying gates 6 days/week helps)

But then I started a new project for my hawaii client , spending 2 weeks/month on the islands with a lot of meals with clients and/ or my team so put it back on again. The last month I have been heads down writing up my report (I hate the writing part,:( love the investigation/solution development part) so very easily distracted and end up grazing/snacking way too much. Need to get this wrapped up in next couple of weeks so I can catch up on all the delayed projects and get back to fighting weight for the winter.

i keep promising my wife that this will be the last project I take on (I've "retired" 6 times now) but when clients keep coming back it gets hard to turn down interesting projects....

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
very easily distracted and end up grazing/snacking way too much.
Grazing is the devil for me. I, fortunately have broken that habit for now (It rears its ugly head from time to time) but the trip to Alaska was filled with horrible airplane snacks, and food that we don't normally eat.

Intersetingly enough, when we drive for our ski trips, we tend to eat smarter because we enjoy healthy snacks in the car.

Now, the trade show scene....that will be the challenge.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I have to say that mostly my diet is not having carbs or very low carbs. I mainly don't have potato products, bread and rice. I had potatoes over weekend and some rice and they tasted like gold. The weekend is when we cheat a little. During the week my SO calls me the food police but we're very strict in what we eat. I definitely feel better because of it.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My real devil was late night grazing but I’ve gotten better control of it now. I just made a batch of egg white bites with spinach, mushrooms, prosciutto bits, and a tiny bit of cheese for breakfasts this week.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I take a B complex, C, D, zinc, magnesium, CO-Q10, and fish oil. I need get some multi's. Should add a probiotic too.
I often wonder how much the vitamins do for me, but then if I travel and leave them home I can feel the difference. Especially the probiotic.
Now, the trade show scene....that will be the challenge.

After the trade shows I arrived home without weight gain. Didn't lose, but didn't gain! :yahoo:

Sponsor

Staff online