• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What do you use your garage for?

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
This kind of stuff...
DSC00575.JPG

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Gym and shop. Vehicles live outdoors.

I'd like to, on ocassion, keep My sports cars in the garage. However they are engineered to live outdoors.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
So is all of your ski equipment, does that also get stored outdoors?
This reminds me of the debate some people have about covering the outside unit of a split system central air conditioning unit during the winter.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
So is all of your ski equipment, does that also get stored outdoors?

No. However my ski equipment doesn't weigh 3,000 pounds, have an advanced alarm system, or have the UV protectants on it that the vehicles do.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
We have a carport that fits 2 cars in it. It's pretty tight getting them in, so that's all that is in there. Separate outdoor shed for all the garage things.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Hanging wet suits and ski vests and 2 cars. Both mine too, since the kid moved to SLC.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No. However my ski equipment doesn't weigh 3,000 pounds, have an advanced alarm system, or have the UV protectants on it that the vehicles do.
Or the tens of thousands of dollars in investment either....well other than maybe your Stockli's ;)

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Or the tens of thousands of dollars in investment either....well other than maybe your Stöckli's ;)

Tens of thousands? And certainly not an "investment". These are recreational purchases that depreciate significantly.

A friend of mine is a product developer for the VW Group. He doesn't regularly keep his vehicles inside, and he has cars like I have skis and bikes.

It is nice to keep a high dollar sports car in the garage to keep the pollen and dust off, but no real need to IME.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We put a car in for a while then kids and more bikes happened. And more stuff, usefull important stuff. The car wash is right down the road and unlimited is $25/month. 10 year old cars with 100+ don't fetch much anyways. My car is a 13 and my kid is 14 so there he goes.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:geek:No wonder he’s your ex:roflmao:
He also had a 57 Chevy Nomad in incredible condition. It started to have a bit of a clutch slipping issue so he parked it in the barn(was going to get to the clutch later) where it's probably still sitting, getting infested with critters. :doh: :doh: :doh:

*in the end, its his stuff and I've got a happy life with a three stall garage full of things Phil and I enjoy together.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor