• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Truly, I’m trying to simplify. But with me not being able to move on a pair of E104’s (and loving them) I’ve now found a place for them in the quiver.

So there’s an Australian quiver (simplified), Japan quiver, and surplus rarely used skis

Australia

Blizzard Brahma (everyday)
Nordica Enforcer 104 (new snow)
Salomon QST 92 with Marker Kingpin (sidecountry)

Japan

NordIca Enforcer 100 (everyday)
DPS Wailer A110 with Salomon Shoft (new snow, sidecountry)

Surplus

Head Monster 82*
Salomon Pocket Rockets with O2 telemark bindings**

* still used occasionally and while they’re not eace skis, i‘d use them for club or social races. I rarely take them with me though.

** I theoretically enjoy telemarking but haven’t done it for years. I’d probably pull them out if I did a season

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
All that's missing from here are my AT skis which are my 88 underfoot Meier Quickdraws.

FB_IMG_1668317839090.jpg

Most of my skis are returning from last season. New ones are Renoun Z90s, Faction Candide 1.0s and Volkl Blaze 106s.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It will be interesting to see if the affection I've developed for the 85s will translate to the wider format, or if they will go directly into the mosh pit of swooning Divas after my first day on them.

Wait, you have Nela 96s?? What bindings did you mount (looks like Look?) What length Nela? Are we almost BSL buddies? (Yes, I want to try the 96s LOL.)

See what I mean?

Pivots, 172, 283

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Please nail the bridging
Tough crowd. I expect no less.

It's on the honey-do list (put there by me). Feel free to stop by any time to cross off some items.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lame. You'd better get on them this year and report back.
I probably would have considered demo bindings for these but I had three pairs of perfectly good used bindings sitting around so new ones would have been stupid.

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
Posting this year's quiver here to try to justify it to myself...

- Salomon x-drive 8.8 184cm for real hard snow. I love this ski. Solly bring it back plz

- first Gen blizzard cochise 193. Haven't skied them yet, could be a rock ski or something I take out when I'm mostly skiing big, open places

- head monster 108 184cm. For when I want to go hard. This ski locks into a turn like nothing else. For days when I'm feeling good and need to make big, committing turns, this ski is amazing.

- G3 Sendr 18 with G3 ion12s. Touring ski, and I have been very happy with them. They ski short and aren't very good in powder, but they are very precise and powerful for how light they are.

- 2x Blizzard bodacious 186cm. I love it so much I bought it twice. Second pair has duke pts for sidecountry/bc sending days. Whenever it's the least bit soft, these skis come out and we rage.

- moment bibby pro 190. got these because I found the bodes to be quite a poor powder ski for how wide they are. Hopefully the bibbys are more playful in soft snow but can still handle roughed up chop with ease (for me and I suspect most of us, powder day = roughed up chop for 85% of the day anyway)

- ON3P Wrenegade 191. Very curious about these skis. I've wanted a pair of wrens for a while, and glad I have a pair now. Their mount point is very far back and they are very long and straight, but not super stiff. Could be a recipe for a charger I take out when visibility is good and I just want to go fast

Edit to include pics...
PXL_20221120_140338879.jpg

PXL_20221118_041426030.jpg
received_2666858853449358.jpeg

Last edited:

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
2018 Fischer RC4 Worldcup SC, 165 (indoor technical training)
2019 Fischer the Curv GT, 182
2023 Fischer Ranger 102, 183

Not sponsored. Not a coincidence either, that my current quiver is all Fischer.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Same old. ;-))

5 - 6 race skis - SL through DH
3 pairs Ranger 99/98 in various condition - light touring, resort/occasional touring, unmounted (gift)
Renoun Citadel - lightest touring
BD Carbon Megawatt - light deep touring
Atomic Bent Chettler (3rd gen? Yellow Submarines) - you know what they're for
DPS Lotus 138 - full banana - looking for new home
Kastle MX98 - fast, chunder - fun but not terribly versatile - good inspection skis on a powder day
Kastle MX88 - hard and soft groomin' - old; not much used
K2 Pinnacle 88 - everything but mega-deep
Elan 777 - early season WROD
Rossi E88s - roommate 'owns' them for early season
Rossi E98s - gifted with heavy frame touring bindings - need to remount and regift?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Same old.

For this season:

In: Rossi Hero Athlete FIS Sl 165, Stockli WRT Pro 180
Out: Fischer RC4 CT. Yeah I know I will miss the holes in the tips but too many carvers too little time.

Potentially also out: regular WRT 180
Very possibly in: Ranger 102. In celeste of course.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
I’m getting my quiver settled so not too much changed this year. Narrow to wide:

2017 165 Rossignol FIS SL w/spx 15 bindings. Team version. Fantastic for free skiing. Ice to slush. Powerful, stable, versatile. They have a real quality/premium feel.

2022 165 Fischer RC4 FIS SL w/tyrolia 16 din bindings. Bought on a whim because of a really good price. Skied once so far. Beautiful round turns. Nice edge hold. Not as versatile or as fast as the Rossi so far.

2014 188 Volkl FIS GS w/marker comp 16 bindings. Smooth, fast and pretty easy to ski.

2014 173 Kastle mx83 w/look pivot 14. They are easier to ski than race skis and still hold an edge and good pop on groomers. Fun in bumps. Stable at pretty high speeds. Great ski to break out at noon after SLs become too demanding.

2016 183 Kastle mx83 with pivot 14. Just mounted these used ones I found last summer so no report. There are days on my 173s when I’ve wondered if I might like the longer length. Guess I’ll find out.

2016 174 Kastle mx98 with pivot 15. Love these. Really versatile, stable at speed for their length, fun to carve on soft groomers, good in powder and crud. Nice drift on chalk. The tips don’t float or dive in powder, they just work with the ski’s flex under the surface. Nimble at this length but still stable and powerful. Flex is very dialed. Great low vis skis. Great travel skis. No training wheels here, just competence. This lightly used pair is new to me this year. I passed my last pair on to my son who also loves em.

2016 194 Kastle mx98s w/pivot 15s. Kastle only imported 50 pairs of this length. I found a lightly used pair last spring so they’ve only been out a few times. But Wow. They need speed and steepness at my size/skill level but they truck along at 50mph in rough snow with no drama. From nice round powder turns to refrozen morning chunder (that I couldn’t tame on other skis) to fast groomers. They just perform. My friend has been hounding me to do the Derby de la Meije for years. If I go, these are my skis.

2021 K2 Mindbender 108ti with sth2. Good skis but I prefer the 98s in this slot. My son really likes them so I might pass them on to him or sell.

2011 DPS Wailer 112rp with Plum Guide bindings. Bought them new in 2011. Pretty much retired but I toured on them a couple times last year. Great for noodling in the trees. Light weight.

2016 191 ON3P Billy Goats with sth2. Fun, poppy, and big. I use these when the snow is heavy, crusty or otherwise funky.

2020 189 ON3P Cease & Desist w/sth2. Stiffer and better on groomed than Billy’s. These are for going really fast on big lines like in the movies.

2018 180 Line Pescado with pivot 14s. The ones with the paulownia tops and bamboo sidewalls. I like the feel of these better than the newer versions with abs sidewalls and nylon tops. My favorite pow skis. Best in light, untracked snow. Carve amazingly for the size.

2011 188 Praxis Protests with sth2. Big, fun and easy. I loan them to guests sometimes, powder training wheels.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
1669042082221.png

Stance is probably gone as the Ranger does everything I want. Really want to love the Hoji but have not entirely figured it out, not as amazing in powder as I had hoped. DPS is new powder/Japan touring. Blaze has been an amazing everyday/spring touring ski.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Since we're talking about 10 year old skis, anyone in this thread have or had a pair of Movement Sluffs?

This ski:

1669046410856.png

Picked up an undrilled pair for $beermoney and trying to decide mount point.

Sponsor