• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s World Cup 2021

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
CEC4FAD3-60B1-4FDB-A1BB-E6E91F6CEB3E.jpeg

Gut-Behrami
Ledecka
Brignone

Gisin
Vlhova

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Goggia so good today hard to pick her off the SG podium. Like Ledecka and Bassino too.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tremeandous weather in St Anton and the course is very fast.
Edit:
Estelle Alphand making speed debut on WC today.

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Yay, Bravo Lara! She has been looking more like her old self this year with the high edge angles & just juicing it. Even when she was way off line she didn’t panic & carved her way back into it.
Last couple of years she woulda thrown em‘ sideways & stivot everytime she’d get some speed going.

Good to see Bassino in it too!

Last edited:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great race overall. A real nail-biter too because Gut-Behrami made a big mistake and someone hitting a clean run could have overtaken her — but no one did.

Vlhova still leading the overall but Gisin, who's a good all-rounder, is getting closer. I thought the fight for the overall globe this season would be between Vlhova, Shiffrin and Brignone. Didn't see Gisin coming while Shiffrin and Brignone are not in peak form. And I love Bassino.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
"Estelle Alphand making speed debut on WC today."
23rd from Bib 49

Alt. fact actually. She did one SG start for France five or six seasons ago--before she decided to go full Swede (she has dual citizenship and after while on the the French team, she decided to compete for Sweden instead. Her brother Nils races for France).
But it was her FIRST speed start in the Swedish suit. Very talanted skier who have had some trouble in finding back to her (tech) skiing after an injury (and also new material). Will focus on speed for a while. It is very welcome since both Lisa Hörnblad and Ida Dannewitz are working on their comebacks after injuries at the moment. Lots of injuries. This is not a healthy activity, but fun as hell.

EDIT: but great that she got some points yesterday! Was a little surprised that she didn't run the DH trainings; even if she didn't intend to run the DH race. It is not often you get the chance to do runs like that.

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
0C3E9DE2-416E-4A62-AE4F-2C61E9D85AF6.jpeg

I’m going for the Austrian sweep...
Truppe
Liensberger
Mair

If I was smart I’d go...
Shiffrin
Vlhova
Liesberger/Gisin

James

Out There
Instructor
Going for Shiffrin under the lights with Hermann Maier watching.

Shiffrin
Vhlova
Liensburger

Gisin
Mielznyski

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Shiffrin
Liesnberger
Vlhova
Gisin
Truppe

Dark horse: Mielzynski

I'm thinking Moltzan and Hensien make the flip. Cool to see Zoe Zimmerman get her first World Cup start. I coached her for a day at USSS U14 Eastern Champs a number of years ago and could tell she was one to watch: very focused, technically leaps and bounds above her peers.

Rudi Riet

SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow is falling at Flachau (I figured it was because it's been snowing at my friend's house in Sankt Johann im Pongau all day and said town is one valley over from Flachau).

Rudi Riet

SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Gotta admit it's super eerie to see Flachau with no crowd at all.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Shiffrin
Liesnberger
Vlhova
Gisin
Truppe

Dark horse: Mielzynski

I'm thinking Moltzan and Hensien make the flip. Cool to see Zoe Zimmerman get her first World Cup start. I coached her for a day at USSS U14 Eastern Champs a number of years ago and could tell she was one to watch: very focused, technically leaps and bounds above her peers.

You can see her (Zoe Zimmerman) in an EC race that I linked to a few weeks ago.

Sponsor

Staff online