• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s World Cup 2021

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Moltzan qualified from 47 at Kronplatz but DNF’d 2nd run.

Thought I'd add that not only did she qualify, but she was 15th in that first run. 2.66 secs out, but still, 15th. She really had something to work with after run one, and unfortunately she went for it and went out. The only second run DNF. She'll eventually work her way up the ladder as far as start position goes. I think she has a bright future ahead of her. Her level of fitness and such has made a big difference in her skiing even in this strange season.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
CE281131-44C2-4E12-9B45-E9B5D6F877D4.jpeg

Goggia
Gut-Berhrami
Brignone

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Thought I'd add that not only did she qualify, but she was 15th in that first run. 2.66 secs out, but still, 15th. She really had something to work with after run one, and unfortunately she went for it and went out. The only second run DNF. She'll eventually work her way up the ladder as far as start position goes. I think she has a bright future ahead of her. Her level of fitness and such has made a big difference in her skiing even in this strange season.

And good for her to have fitness right after Covid.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Suter
Nufer
Huber

There was a race, last year? Where those three started one after the other. I think that was the order. A Law firm.

That was going to be my pick, but had to be different.
l was gonna pick Suter, so we shall see :huh:

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Bravo to Gagnon!
Great finesse & power from Gut-Berhrami, wonder if she can do it again tomorrow...
D51F600F-B888-451F-9CB7-C0ED7B5E4D1C.jpeg

Gut-Berhrami
Goggia
LIE

where is Gisin?

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
Tremendous day for Mitch Gagnon. So glad to see that result. So well deserved.
She's our daughter's age and used to routinely kick the **** out of her when they were in their younger FIS years, and the Estern American kids were often in Eastern Canada, and vice versa.

Nice to see.

Gisin is training SL/GS to get ready for the FISWC's, I believe. She is SO talented, in every discipline. I believe that her biggest issue is going to be managing WHAT she skis, and trying to avoid being burned out. I think that in a normal season, which fewer races being doubled up, that is almost impossible. I doubt if we'll see MS ever do it again, Vhlova is allegedly pretty cooked, and of course Tina Maze has been on record many times saying that it really ended her career early.

I think the WC, when it resumes after the FIS Worlds, should be really interesting. There are 2 DH's, 1 SG, 1 GS and THREE SL's before World Cup finals.

Right now Vhlova leads Gut-B by 61 points, and Gisin by 126. If Gut were to do the near impossible and win again tomorrow, and Vhlova were to finish 10th again, Gut then will lead by 12 points as they go to FISWC's. I'm blown away by this comeback/surge by Gut. And I just checked, she is one ahead of Vhlova in the GS standings. Then...we have Gisin. And three SL'splus the SL at WCF's for Vhlova. Bring it on!!!

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Thanks for doing the math @Muleski ogsmile. I too am amazed at Gut-Berhrami rise back to the top. If you had asked me in 19’ l would’ve said she was on her way out/retirement. Props to her & her team for having faith & the perseverance to get there.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fog in Garmish and race cancelled. Try tomorrow.

Last edited:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Goggia injured her knee when crashing while going from start down to valley after race was cancelled. No exact info yet how bad it is.

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
compound fracture of the lateral tibial plateau of the right knee

Muleski

Inactive
Goggia injured her knee when crashing while going from start down to valley after race was cancelled. No exact info yet how bad it is.
compound fracture of the lateral tibial plateau of the right knee

That's a shame. I know it did not happen when training or racing, but still this season is a curse. Tricky injury as well. I LOVE this kid, and love her high energy and the fact that she skis with such abandon. She defines "sending it." So unfortunate. I would have bet the farm, the house, the cottage, the works on her for gold at the FISWC's in her native country.
This sucks.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Oh no! Wishing her a solid recovery.

scott43

Skier
Wow, that's a thing man. A compound fracture while tooling down to the bottom of the hill?? Black cat bad luck man..

Sponsor

Staff online