• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Even so. There are any number of creekers, whitewater paddlers and sea tourers here who find them inspirational - and the proof is everything lutrine from stickers and bracelet charms to foredeck inlays to little figurines for the bow.
I'm not anti-otter. I took your "kayak companion" phrase a little too literally though I think.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Even so. There are any number of creekers, whitewater paddlers and sea tourers here who find them inspirational - and the proof is everything lutrine from stickers and bracelet charms to foredeck inlays to little figurines for the bow.
One kayak company I rented from in Alaska called sea otters the "dirty old men of the sea".:roflmao:

I find them fascinating (as well as adorable).

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Check out these guys. Cute might be the wrong word.
My son's dog found the video most enlightening!
20211025_095108.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’m glad you can laugh. I still have 2-3 dinner plates from 3 sets from having divorced one. Italian not Albanian.
Its easy to laugh when it isn't personal.
Sorry your experience hits close to home.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Try this one:

Family has 21 babies under two and 16 nannies

And be sure to look at the pictures!
Opening lines from the article. :geek:

The 24-year-old, from Batumi, Georgia, and millionaire businessman husband Galip, 57, have paid $195,500 to surrogates between March last year and July this year.

Kristina, who’s originally from Russia, spends $96,000 a year on 16 live-in nannies, who work around the clock caring for their rapidly expanding brood.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier

The 24-year-old, from Batumi, Georgia, and millionaire businessman husband Galip, 57, have paid $195,500 to surrogates between March last year and July this year.

Kristina, who’s originally from Russia, spends $96,000 a year on 16 live-in nannies, who work around the clock caring for their rapidly expanding brood.
Look at those dates! They are ALL between 9 months and two years old. Apparently mom has devoted her life to being an Instagram hit. WTF? :geek: :rolleyes::geek:

ETA: The surrogates were paid $10,000 apiece.

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

I don't get it. That isn't a family. What reason would a millionaire have for breeding 21 children? All I can think of is Clone Wars.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait, how do you get 16 nannies for $96,000 a year ($6,000)? If the nannies knit sweaters while the babies are sleeping they could run a profit.
You live in Batumi, Georgia. Very different cost of living. Plus, since they say they are "live-in" nannies, I'm guessing they don't have many every-day expenses as far as rent, utilities, maybe even food and such.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
You live in Batumi, Georgia. Very different cost of living. Plus, since they say they are "live-in" nannies, I'm guessing they don't have many every-day expenses as far as rent, utilities, maybe even food and such.

Yes, another article* on the same topic said they had their own kitchen, which I thought implied cooking. However, "they could order whatever they wanted."

*I shopped for a version of this that wasn't plastered with obnoxious blinking ads. You're welcome.

Sponsor

Staff online