• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

anden

Booting up
Skier
Hi, first post here. I decided to try Stöckli, and got myself a pair of used 175 Laser GS because I really like high speed carving. However I have always enjoyed both SL and GS skis, and tried to pick this GS ski length on the slightly short side in order to compromise a little on the radius. Then I bought another pair, 175 Laser AR, because I thought it would be better in loose-snow afternoons, the occasional off piste (still learning there thought), and maybe also lower speeds when skiing with my family. Problem is that I won't be skiing until next season and can't wait to try the skis :) Also wondering about the seleced models and if I am giving up too much low speed and short turn fun for the days with my family. Would perhaps a pair of 170 Laser SC be a better fit for my skiing, or other suggestion? I was hoping to have two pairs of skis at most. I am 6'1, 160 lbs. Appreciate any thoughts.
IMG_5204.jpg

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think the stockli club had a meetup at our local hills, I swear it was a majority of stockli rippers on the black and red runs, we also saw the tendencies yesterday.

So are good skiers drawn to stockli, or does stockli skis make people ski good? It was quite enjoyable both days, both watching on the hill while skiiing, but also from the lift.

The topsheets are good for brand recognition for sure.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi, first post here. I decided to try Stöckli, and got myself a pair of used 175 Laser GS because I really like high speed carving. However I have always enjoyed both SL and GS skis, and tried to pick this GS ski length on the slightly short side in order to compromise a little on the radius. Then I bought another pair, 175 Laser AR, because I thought it would be better in loose-snow afternoons, the occasional off piste (still learning there thought), and maybe also lower speeds when skiing with my family. Problem is that I won't be skiing until next season and can't wait to try the skis :) Also wondering about the seleced models and if I am giving up too much low speed and short turn fun for the days with my family. Would perhaps a pair of 170 Laser SC be a better fit for my skiing, or other suggestion? I was hoping to have two pairs of skis at most. I am 6'1, 160 lbs. Appreciate any thoughts.
View attachment 130974

These are the 2 skis in my quiver I go to the most...perfect choices for what you describe. I will add that while the AR can be driven easily with comfort, it also responds really well when diven extreemly hard, just not with the earlier hook-up of the GS.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Bit of thread drift, but curious to hear everyone’s opinion on the laser gs (other than it rocks) and how it compares to the Ax, which I own. Too much overlap?

The AX and GS are very different animals. The GS is a smooth power carver. Yes, you can veer off piste with it, but be ready for a rough ride. The AX is less powerful but still high speed comfortable. It is however very manageable off piste.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
View attachment 130974

I think you have a perfect 2 pair set for your desires.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
How does the CX compare to the WRT ST?

WRT-ST is the extreme end of precision and power. While the WRT-ST is not happy off piste, the CX is fine off piste by comparison. The WRT-ST is a full blown World Cup construction ski, whereas the CX shares the same construction as the AX as a much more forgiving ski.

Last edited:

anden

Booting up
Skier
These are the 2 skis in my quiver I go to the most...perfect choices for what you describe. I will add that while the AR can be driven easily with comfort, it also responds really well when diven extreemly hard, just not with the earlier hook-up of the GS.
Thank you for sharing, and good to hear that the AR is working well also when intensity is lower. Now I am even more eager to get going.

DJD

Booting up
Skier
Only the very far section of the tips are stiffer. The front section of the ski is identical, thus making it have the same flex pattern.

The stiffer tip material really only affects the torsion of the tip, making it engage easier. I couldn't find a downside to the new tip design. Other than very slightly faster turn initiation, the ski feels identical.

I am also in the camp of not wanting to see it changed from the prior generation and for me the ski is essentially a twin brother with barely quicker reflexes.
[/QUOTE]

@LindseyB -- any thoughts on how the 21-22 model would compare to the 20-21 model for a less advanced skier than yourself? Still a pretty minimal difference?

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone know where i can find some X13s for a pair of Laser ARs?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Took my Stormrider 100s in Killington spring snow last weekend and they were outstanding. They were amazing in the spring bumps. Prior to this I'd only had them out on a power day. Love these things.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
@LindseyB -- any thoughts on how the 21-22 model would compare to the 20-21 model for a less advanced skier than yourself? Still a pretty minimal difference?
[/QUOTE]

They would not be likely to notice a difference.

cb the ripper

Booting up
Skier
The AX and GS are very different animals. The GS is a smooth power carver. Yes, you can veer off piste with it, but be ready for a rough ride. The AX is less powerful but still high speed comfortable. It is however very manageable off piste.

Thank you! Based on this and other research, I pulled the trigger this weekend to round out my quiver. Excited to get after it next winter. Thanks for your continuous advice.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Mission accomplished quiver complete

3848A5F6-4320-4E8E-BC68-F4B30DA0E5CD.jpeg

Look what arrived this morning. Getting them tuned tonight so I can ski them this weekend during those crisp spring morning runs.

Full quiver now consists of the following:
stockli Laser AX
stockli SR88
stockli SR95
Nordica Enforcer 110

Now if only Stockli had a ski for deep pow

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.