• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

kgreener

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
So has Timberline Mountain come out with any guidelines for their Covid-19 plans this winter? Things like, will the six-pack actually have six people on it, or three spaced apart? Will face coverings be required everywhere, inside and out? Will capacity inside the lodge be limited to a certain percentage of people?

I've searched TM's web site and Facebook page but cannot find anything related to their Covid plans. Lots of resorts have published their policies, but I can't find anything from Timberline as of yet. Thanks.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
So has Timberline Mountain come out with any guidelines for their Covid-19 plans this winter? Things like, will the six-pack actually have six people on it, or three spaced apart? Will face coverings be required everywhere, inside and out? Will capacity inside the lodge be limited to a certain percentage of people?

I've searched TM's web site and Facebook page but cannot find anything related to their Covid plans. Lots of resorts have published their policies, but I can't find anything from Timberline as of yet. Thanks.
I would expect them to follow National Ski Area Association recommendations but also to treat us all like adults.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
I would expect them to follow National Ski Area Association recommendations but also to treat us all like adults.
Operate inside like a walmart..and outside like at a park...who really will care getting off the 6 pack with sideway snow and wind?...plus..dont we all naturally practice social distancing when we ski anyways???

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
They need to open up a larger area at the top of the 6 pack. That 6 will bring is alot of skiers/snowboards up fast. Very excited about all the awesome improvements at TM.
Agreed but I'm guessing it may not happen until next year. To do so they need to move the bum shack up there. It appears that they own 50 yards or so past where you unload so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to give them a pass on this for the first year:)

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Cams in both Snowshoe and the Canaan Valley State PRk show snow on the ground and a few flakes still falling!!!
Yesterday was just a test fire allthough OBS from Canaan's Dave lesher mentioned moderate to heavy snow squalls that whitened the ground but then melted so it was a nice tune up!..sunday night we get a bonafide early season Arctic front with the associated upslope/Lake effect...I posted awhile back that its always snowy around Halloween in the land of Canaan...
.....there will be a lull in the action and then hopefully we can get something started around the 12th of Nov... Ski's crossed!

Last edited:

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Magic Carpet equipment was delivered last week, sitting in the parking lot over the weekend.

Last edited:

Pinraiser

Slash spraying rag dolls on "Off the Wall".
Pass Pulled
Yesterday was just a test fire allthough OBS from Canaan's Dave lesher mentioned moderate to heavy snow squalls that whitened the ground but then melted so it was a nice tune up!..sunday night we get a bonafide early season Arctic front with the associated upslope/Lake effect...I posted awhile back that its always snowy around Halloween in the land of Canaan...
.....there will be a lull in the action and then hopefully we can get something started around the 12th of Nov... Ski's crossed!
How did the first NWS "Winter weather Advisory" 3"-5" BUST of the 20-21 season treat you? I guess we never learn. Townies "Checking in" with 1/4 inch of snow on green grass, oh boy. Quite pitiful really.:roflmao:

November averages 12" of snow and we'd be lucky to get more than half. It would be quite an accomplishment to have one run from the TM 6'er open around the 12th of Dec....skis crossed, of course.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
How did the first NWS "Winter weather Advisory" 3"-5" BUST of the 20-21 season treat you? I guess we never learn. Townies "Checking in" with 1/4 inch of snow on green grass, oh boy. Quite pitiful really.:roflmao:

November averages 12" of snow and we'd be lucky to get more than half. It would be quite an accomplishment to have one run from the TM 6'er open around the 12th of Dec....skis crossed, of course.
Yeppers..Snowshoe got 2 inches but this system def under performed on the moisture front..the wind and cold were there..15 at the shoe (4800' near the top) and down to 20 (3200' at the bottom) in the canaan area..thats very cold for Nov 1st but ur right..no cigar...
...this pattern seems locked in for awhile..was hoping for a break around the 12th or soon after but that hope is fading..hey..maybe TM is breathing a sigh of relief..who knows???.....there is a hurricane getting ready to slam Honduras and could work its way back into the Carribean and then up the East Coast as a monster Tropical Noreaster bringing Crippling Snow to the higher country of the Mid Atlantic!!!!...or not.....

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Ground was way too warm. It was great to ride in 60f weather last week.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After today, current forecast in DC is 8 days in a row of unseasonably warm days - actually really nice weather. Not good for early snowmaking, but better for the workers to finish. My gut reaction is for an early December opening, which would still be early by historical standards. Did T-Line ever open before or during JF festivities?

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
I read last night on Timberline Mountains facebook page a comment from the mountain that Web cams are coming and we will see updates on the Covid policy this week on their web page.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
I don't think so, I walked this the day before this picture was taken and didn't see anything. There is another Pole cat being installed right near where this shot was taken. This looks like it could have been taken from a balcony of the hotel.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January