• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
JohnL - TL has been open in the past during the JF celebration, but it's been a few years.
TL was full of people skiing with broken bindings before and after the JF celebration. :)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What no Upper Thunder Draft? I know at least one season pass holder won't be happy he can't go Hollywood!

It also appears that the last remaining portion of Silver Streak (Lower) is now just a memory.
And only one marked glade!

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Bummed about no Thunderdraft. I was wondering if that would happen.

Pinraiser

Slash spraying rag dolls on "Off the Wall".
Pass Pulled
Oh brother, gents. Kudos to TM for keeping the map simple, readable and not padding trail counts. If you didn't notice (and clearly some of y'all didn't), they're trying to do you a favor by keeping a few things hidden. The limiting factor to skiing glades and lift lines will be what it has always been- snow cover.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Nice! I was hoping that would be the case. There is certainly another resort in WV that generally has a stricter policy about that sort of thing. Regardless I am really looking forward to getting back out to TLM for some turns. Amazing how the Perfects have been able to step in and get so much accomplished.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
I assume "Snow Squall" just serves the park there... will that be a beginner park with a carpet... or do you think they may put a drag lift there?
If you read the Terrain park section they mention a rope tow for that area. That is consistent with what staff told me a week or two ago.
I think it's just an Icon thing.

SCWVA

Skier
No
.......... and not padding trail counts. If you didn't notice (and clearly some of y'all didn't), they're trying to do you a favor by keeping a few things hidden. The limiting factor to skiing glades and lift lines will be what it has always been- snow cover.

It's all marketing. If they include the natural snow trails in their trail count and on their map and they don't get any natural snow then they'll never be able to say they're 100% open.

Pinraiser

Slash spraying rag dolls on "Off the Wall".
Pass Pulled
No

It's all marketing. If they include the natural snow trails in their trail count and on their map and they don't get any natural snow then they'll never be able to say they're 100% open.
Ok, so you bought a season pass and you're not even sure they'll actually be cool with you skiing your line? Haha. Let us know how it goes, 'cuz I haven't spent a dime. If they're nazis, I'll ski somewhere else or just get a burner day pass. For now, I'll take them at their word that they're a skiers' mountain.

SCWVA

Skier
Pin,
You assume too much. I didn't buy a pass and will probably only ski TL on weekday pow days or when they have bumps. My comment about going hollywood was a inside joke directed at one of the Valley's legendary single plankers.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
All it takes is 3 things: 1) caring, 2) planning, and 3) about $12,000,000.

That last one is the tricky one.
And working really hard. Alot of workers on the mountain yesterday. Not many today but I did see some head up just after 6:00 this morning. These guys are going to need some rest and vacation come May.

Sponsor