• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well this is the official plan.

Pretty good if actually carried out to an effective degree with the air handling. Hard to judge that.

“We are doubling our efforts on our cleaning / sanitizing / disinfecting strategies. We have installed commercial UV filters to our existing HVAC air handlers to better filter and purify the air and invested in electrostatic sprayers for use throughout our indoor spaces. Guests may be limited when trying on apparel in our retail shops. Protective gloves will be required when trying on gloves, and goggles will be sanitized in a specialized UV light box designed for that purpose. “

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Because they are not interested in being the enforcement arm of the government for their mandates and edicts.
Not sure what you're referring to with "enforcement arm"... but it appears to me they are complying with WV mandates, and requiring masks as appropriate. And limiting lift rides to those OK riding together, as most (all?) ski areas/resorts are doing.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not sure what you're referring to with "enforcement arm"... but it appears to me they are complying with WV mandates, and requiring masks as appropriate. And limiting lift rides to those OK riding together, as most (all?) ski areas/resorts are doing.
I wouldn't expect them to be looking over your shoulder telling you that you are too close or put a mask on.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well this is the official plan.

This is good information.

While we are allowing discussion about COVID-19 practices for the resorts so we can get our ski season underway, please don't open up the can of worms about vaccines, covid numbers and global covid stuff.
Thank you.

Edit to add: Please keep it on topic based on information that Jimmy posted.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I wouldn't expect them to be looking over your shoulder telling you that you are too close or put a mask on.
Ah... thanks. Yeah, hopefully people will be pretty good about it and it can be self-policing. It's easy to forget yourself some place like a lift line, when you're eager to ski... but I would expect any resort to step in if folks are just ignoring the appropriate spacing/mask requirements. And hopefully they'll be doing a lot of reminding and signage, as that's what it seems to take to maintain things.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
This is good information.

While we are allowing discussion about COVID-19 practices for the resorts so we can get our ski season underway, please don't open up the can of worms about vaccines, covid numbers and global covid stuff.
Thank you.
A Vaccine would make all these covid guidlines null and void...this is getting absurd..

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A Vaccine would make all these covid guidlines null and void...
Yes it would - that's big news! And every thread on this site could turn into a discussion of it, potentially derailing a lot of productive threads. We'd like to keep the threads on topic as much as possible - It's fine to talk about vaccines as they affect resorts and skiing... but we don't want more general COVID-19 discussion, which will tend to occur if some people take them down that path.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A Vaccine would make all these covid guidlines null and void...this is getting absurd..
I was going to send you a PM on this but I'll post not as moderation toward any one person but as a reason for everyone to understand.

If a vaccine is introduced in mass, and that causes resorts to change their COVID-19 practices then we'll see the topic addressed in the new policies and practices threads.

When vaccine availabilty and trials are brought up, it inevitably turns into a global COVID topic and loses the edge as it relates to skiing.
This site was created out of a passion for skiing which is why you are here.

Lets talk ski resorts, ski gear, ski travel and all things about our passion for skiing.
Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
How bout we talk snow?... I've been watching this for a few days on the Euro model and just saw that the Gfs has come around to this idea after showing nothing till this latest run so I figured it was worthy enough of a shot to post it...snow date nov 17th...
us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020111000_198_4677_323.png

Last edited:

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
26 degrees Friday night in Davis, lower on the mountain. Perfect opportunity for the new Timberline Mountain to fire up all those new snow guns for a large scale test. If anyone is up this weekend, we want photos and videos, if they blow for the night.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
26 degrees Friday night in Davis, lower on the mountain. Perfect opportunity for the new Timberline Mountain to fire up all those new snow guns for a large scale test. If anyone is up this weekend, we want photos and videos, if they blow for the night.
Then we have the cold air coming in that the above posted Euro model was thinking could catch up to some departing moisture in time for a decent dump...Sun/31..mon/24..tue/21..thur/32....The Euro is still stubborn as of the latest run showing 2 inches for Canaan but the rest are just showing a skiff or so or no......NWS has mentioned a chance of light snow or flurries in their fcast discussions but only show sunshine with their official fcast...wish the cold was a start of a new pattern but nothing stands out to me...any of uall hear anything good?

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
No... I've been depressed here in DC the last couple of days with 70+ degree weather. I'd love to hear of some colder mountain temps. :)
I just compared 6 different wx models for the next 10 days and they were all over the place so no confidence on anything solid for me yet...the Stubborn Euro and the copycat GEM (Canadean) still show some snow coming early next week...
us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020111112_216_4682_323.png

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
If anyone can confirm that they will be testing the guns this weekend I'll head up, otherwise I won't be up until the following weekend.

Pinraiser

Slash spraying rag dolls on "Off the Wall".
Pass Pulled
If anyone can confirm that they will be testing the guns this weekend I'll head up, otherwise I won't be up until the following weekend.
Why bother in the off season? Are you a snow gun voyeur? :) Ski areas make snow going into cold patterns, not warm ones. Next week look more seasonable, so perhaps Mon night? Even then, it does not look sustained. New La Nina (strong!) discussion released today, and it aint looking good for the 'ole mid-atl.

I've been in Canaan 50 days this year, more than ever. I can see TM from my couch. I can tell you with great certainty I want a cold, snowy winter. That does not appear to be a likely outcome anytime soon.

Said it before, I'll say it again on Nov 12th. If TM can have one top run open by Dec. 12th, it will be a huge accomplishment.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Why bother in the off season? Are you a snow gun voyeur? :) Ski areas make snow going into cold patterns, not warm ones. Next week look more seasonable, so perhaps Mon night? Even then, it does not look sustained. New La Nina (strong!) discussion released today, and it aint looking good for the 'ole mid-atl.

I've been in Canaan 50 days this year, more than ever. I can see TM from my couch. I can tell you with great certainty I want a cold, snowy winter. That does not appear to be a likely outcome anytime soon.

Said it before, I'll say it again on Nov 12th. If TM can have one top run open by Dec. 12th, it will be a huge accomplishment.
I've been in the hot tub a couple of times when they have first turned on the guns for the season. It gets old after a while but that first time each season is kind of like Christmas morning as a child. That's especially true this year. I'm thinking if they did turn them on, it would be more of a test due to the warm weather on the horizon.

Sponsor

Staff online